Pandora Internals Layout?

Axaj

Still Fresh
Are there any diagrams of the Pandora's circuit board? I'd like to add some 0.1# headers and maybe a mini breadboard (in addition to a usb hub, of course).

If you're expecting this to fit inside the Pandora case, you're out of luck. There's very little (no) spare room. If you plan on taking the thing apart and discarding the case, might as well just order a beagleboard.

I know, I'll have to modify the case a little bit. That might be a problem, but I can't plan anything until I know the layout of the board.

Axaj said:
I know, I'll have to modify the case a little bit. That might be a problem, but I can't plan anything until I know the layout of the board.
It's not public, and won't be for some time. The best that you can do is to take a look at the board photos (e.g. this).

Last edited by a moderator:
dflemstr said:
Axaj said:
It's not public, and won't be for some time. The best that you can do is to take a look at the board photos (e.g. this).
They have said they'll publish information about anything important for modders though, so you're probably covered.

Mweston posted an answer in aprevious thread I started that will answer your question.

MWeston said:
There will be a formal document listing everything anyone would need to do their hacking, complete with the warranty disclaimer. It will contain very accurate descriptions of all connectors and spare pads on the PCB with their voltage levels and any specific requirements. There's also a block diagram schematic devs have now that shows how everything is connected together. I'll clean that up and put it into this document. It will be detailed enough for any hacker, University project or modder to do whatever they need, short of building one on their own. My plan is to have it ready with the launch of the device or just after. I'm a bit short on time to do this right for now.

I still want to get hundreds or thousands of spare connectors that plug into the A/V port to help people out if they need them. The part is no longer available for sampling or small orders so this might be the only way.

Back