Pandora Key Not Killing Anymore?

dgame

Before I re-flashed the Pandora key used to bring up the kill menu. Now it opens the Pandora menu and the menu will not automatically collapse or collapse at all without a bunch of random clicks. How can I make the Pandora key kill again or at least not stick the menu up in a stuck open state.

dgame said:
Before I re-flashed the Pandora key used to bring up the kill menu. Now it opens the Pandora menu and the menu will not automatically collapse or collapse at all without a bunch of random clicks. How can I make the Pandora key kill again or at least not stick the menu up in a stuck open state.
Hold down the Pand button for kill, tap it for the menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not working that way for me.

Using the mouse the Pandora Start menu behaves as it should.

but

If I tap the Pandora Key it opens the Pandora Start menu.

If I tap the Pandora Key again the Pandora Start menu is still open.

or

If I hold the Pandora Key it opens the Pandora Start menu.

If I hold the Pandora Key longer the Pandora Start menu is still open.

Sometimes the ESC key can close the menu.

The kill app opened once and I don't know how or why.

and

Most time the Pandora Start menu is just stuck open and wont close if it was opened via the Pandora key.

Any application launched from the Pandora Start menu opens behind the menu as the menu is still open.

I often have to restart to get rid of the open Pandora Start menu.

so

How do I fix/control/alter this behavior?

I re-flashed again using the Pandora-Flashkit-2010-07-Zaxxon.zip from www.openpandora.org and the problem persists.

I try to avoid pressing the Pandora key but Mupen64 uses it to exit. So everytime I quit a N64 game I have to re-boot to get rid of the Pandora/Start Menu.

Where can I get the original OS that shipped the the Pandora? This is very annoying.

Bumped for workaround:

Edit the File System's usr\pandora\scripts\op_menu.sh

I commented out (put a # before) the first "if" and "fi" lines in op_menu.sh leaving the killist=y line alone.

I think you have to be root to do this so I ran sudo mousepad from a terminal to bring up the text editor in root mode.

Now the Pandora key brings up the kill menu like it used to. B)

Back