Pandora On A Trip To Bulgaria

peca

Website
Visit site
OK, I'm feel little risky now, but... I think that in Bulgaria can't be more dangerous people, visiting this very forum, than in my country :)
So, as I will travel to Obzor in Bulgaria I realize that I take my with me. Geez, I can't leave my Pandora for whole 15 days, can I?

I'm leaving internet tomorrow evening at about 20:00 CEST (+2 GMT/UTC I think). Duno if I can connect in Bulgaria, but it seems that there are at least two internet cafés. Maybe I find some unsecured wifi (sigh). Anyway, if somebody want meet me and my Pandora, then SMS of phone to my cell phone +420 (czech) 776 (vodafone) 305 006 (use only numbers, without inserted notes). You can send SMS for free from Vodafone sms webgate. Simply send me time an location. Use some public, good to reach, place in Obzor - some big known square or place on beach. If I can, I will come or send SMS back. Maybe You give me a tip for some good trip (architecture, historical, sightseeing...). And I will have no GPS.

Hey, I must feed my wife and 2 children, please don't kill me for Pandora. :)

Or leave note here. I'll check and reply before tomorrow evening.

MODs: Take my apologize, if I'm in wrong sub-forum.

heya, peca.

i'm bulgarian, but i happen to live abroad these days. i used to spend a lot of time in and around Obzor when i was younger (read: many moons ago) - it used to be one of the less 'developed' places on the Black Sea. I hear the whole Black Sea seaside is much different now, and not for the better - too much investment capital, too much appetite for fast riches. oh well, i plan to go visit it soon myself, to see what it's been turned into.

re internet there - there should be plenty of internet cafes these days, not sure about wifi.

seeing that you're czech yourself - you should not be seeing many unpleasant surprises from the bulgarians. just stay on the main roads when travelling between towns, as road bandits are not unheard of there (they would masquarade as traffic police on small roads, pull over stray cars, rob them and quickly disappear - hard for the actual police to track them) as that could spoil anybody's summer vacation. also, speaking of the actual police - those guys are corrupt even by european standards, so make sure not to give them reasons to pull you over. but i guess you already have experience with handling such situations.

personal posessions, *ahem* handhelds *ahem* - keep a close tab on those. scenarios where you leave them unattended on the towel on the beach and go for a swim are a no-no.

well, that's what comes to mind immediately. enjoy your vacation on the Black Sea, the good food and the drinks! take lots of pictures : )

darkblu: Thanks for info - sounds familiar. Looks like manners in post-communistic countries are quite similar :-/ I never leave my PDA alone on towel. I probably don't take Pandora on a beach if I'll not agreed meeting with other Pandorian.

:)
OK, Vodafone (cz) fu*ked up my roaming. I pay for wifi connection in accommodation and re-enable roaming. If anybody try to contact (s)he can. Or just write here, I'm online now.

Back