Pandora Potential

fishybawb said:
Resolution != screen size.

Yes, they're the same resolution, but the screens are not the same size...
Hold it closer to your face.

Last edited by a moderator:
NeX-Ferret said:
There is only one game on the Wii that looks good, and that is Metroid Prime 3. Every other game looks and plays like a PS2 game on PS1 hardware. It's a waste of space, Nintendo may as well have handed out controller port adaptors for the Wiimotes and an expansion port addon for the Wi-Fi. The sensor bar sucks too, because it doesn't give out enough IR to overpower anything else such as... power LEDs from speakers. I kid you not. I thought the X-Box was quite impressive when developers did not overuse shaders. Halo looks dire in places; the icy canyons could have starred in OOT. Metroid Prime 1/2/3 used very little shader technology, and the result is far more realistic.
In your not so humble opinion. Power LEDs from speakers? It doesn't seem to have any issues with my setup and I've got damn LEDs all over the place in the same general area as the LED bar...

As for looks... Heh... That would be in the eye of the beholder. I would venture that you don't need eye candy for a game to be fun and playable- and that'd be Nintendo's position on the matter and it seems a substantive number of people agree with that sentiment.

God Ginrai said:
I think you're exaggerating greatly.

-God Ginrai
I'd have to concur. No, it's not as "gorgeous" as some of the PS3 titles, but most of those titles aren't as much fun or accessable as the Wii titles.

If you don't like the thing, you're not their customer- it's as simple as that. Don't rag on it unless it really, really stinks on ice- and I don't believe that the Wii falls under than category any more than any of the other consoles out there (Well, save the Phantom... It was purely effin' vapor indeed... ;) ). Your mileage may vary and you may have a different opinion- and that's the rub, isn't it.

fishybawb said:
Resolution != screen size.

Yes, they're the same resolution, but the screens are not the same size...
The N770/N800/N810 have the same resolution as the Pandora, and the screen size is actually a little smaller (4.1" vs Pandora's 4.3"). I owned and used a N800 for months. It works just fine. And I don't have perfet vision, so I know a 20/20 person can use them.

It sounded like, Prophet was saying that as a *main* browsing device, the size is not ideal. I agree with that, and I wouldn't want to use my n800 as my main browsing device. But, the screen is just fine for browsing on the go, and playing things like SuperTux (though the controls are not fine for playing supertux).

Even my OQO with the 5" screen and much higher resolution, it was too constricting to use for extended periods. Again, these screens were great for on the go type stuff, but not for a main device. I also think the 7" EEE screen is too small. That's why my MacBook Air is perfect, nice big screen, still lighter and slimmer than an EEE, and way more powerful.

Back