Pandora Power Supply

neko

I haz 300 posts
Will this power supply work with the Pandora?

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?lang=en&site=US&name=T1022-P5P-ND

It's 5V, 2.5A, 2.1mm plug with positive center. I think that's the same as the PSP - this info should be added to the FAQ if so.

If I recall correctly, in one of the videos, the Pandora was being powered by a psp power cord (Back beofre the first battery and real power cord. So i assume something identical to a psp power adapter would be Pandora friendly. (I could be wrong.)

The PSP adapter outputs 5V, 2A; the adapter you linked to outputs 5V 2.5A. I'm certain the Pandora is compatible with the PSP adapter, but don't know how far from its spec you can go.

I'm planning on constructing additional pylons around my place, they charge any eletronical equipment within a 200m radius and serve as wireless replicators. You just have to adjust them to 5V, the standard 260kV setting is not compatible with handheld devices.

typs lik dis said:
The PSP adapter outputs 5V, 2A; the adapter you linked to outputs 5V 2.5A. I'm certain the Pandora is compatible with the PSP adapter, but don't know how far from its spec you can go.

The current rating is just the *maximum* that can be drawn before regulation fails and the voltage starts to sag (or an overcurrent limiter cuts in). As long as it's higher than the Pandora's current draw (and it most definitely is, a working P should pull less than an amp) then it'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
MWeston stated that the maximum current draw of the pandora is 1.8A.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47385

So anything able to supply 2A or more is fine. I just wanted to verify that this was the correct plug.

Fishbong said:
I'm planning on constructing additional pylons around my place, they charge any eletronical equipment within a 200m radius and serve as wireless replicators.
Interesting technology. Electro-magnetically? What if you have things within 200m that don't need charging, like a non-rechargeable flashlight, or remote control. Does it require a receiver? Are they dangerous for cancer?

Fishbong said:
I'm planning on constructing additional pylons around my place, they charge any eletronical equipment within a 200m radius and serve as wireless replicators. You just have to adjust them to 5V, the standard 260kV setting is not compatible with handheld devices.
:lol:

Back