Pandora Questions And Answers

Yod4z said:
rahulgarg said:
Quick questions :
1. What audio/video codecs will be supported by Pandora out of the box?
2. What video quality can be expected while still maintaining decent battery life (like lets say 7-8 hours)?
http://pandorawiki.org/Pandora#Full_Specs

all codec suported by mplayer (ffmpeg)

Follow up question : will Pandora be able to decode 640x480 h.264 @ 30fps? Or at least mpeg-4?
There was a post by Squidge I think about mplayer port but I cant seem to find it.

Another question : Its absolutely confirmed that it will ship with OpenGL ES 2.0 drivers. Correct?
(Well .. I think there is almost no question about it but I figure its better to confirm).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey just curious, if I want a USB hub that'll be able to power any device I plug into it, what kind of hub would I look for? Would a hub powered strictly by USB handle it, or would it need external AC power? Any USB hubs that are confirmed to work with the Pandora?

ShyGuy said:
Hey just curious, if I want a USB hub that'll be able to power any device I plug into it, what kind of hub would I look for? Would a hub powered strictly by USB handle it, or would it need external AC power?
The Pandora can supply 500mA on its USB port. If your hub and whatever you plug in draw more than that, you'll need external power.

Q: Does the pandora ordered from germany come with english documentation or with german documentation? (ordering from germany is cheapest for me (im in the netherlands) but my german is not that good.

SteveM said:
ShyGuy said:
Hey just curious, if I want a USB hub that'll be able to power any device I plug into it, what kind of hub would I look for? Would a hub powered strictly by USB handle it, or would it need external AC power?
The Pandora can supply 500mA on its USB port. If your hub and whatever you plug in draw more than that, you'll need external power.

Thanks, dunno how I missed that. So I can just buy any old USB hub and it'll work? I read that the Pandora's USB port only works with devices that draw full power (flashcards, external hard drives, etc). Do all USB hubs fit in this category as well?

anexanhume said:
Squidge,

I know that Super Mario RPG does not work on the gp2x. Does it work on your ported version to pandy? Is compatibility in general raised? (I know it was already very high).
No idea, I've not checked.

"The preorder date is now set - it's the 30th of September, the Pandora will start shipping at the end of November."

So I guess we will be getting the system beginning of December after pre-order? Man, that's gonna be treacherous.

Chip said:
rayofash said:
When pre-ordering do we pay full price up front?

Yes.

that doesnt really answer the question, does it?

he just sais:

The preorder price will be the complete price, as it was with the GP2X.

We don't want to do a 'gp2x' on you and take preorders then keep you waiting for a crazy length of time.

- it wont be cheaper if u preorder
- he doesnt want a huge timegab between preorder and release

Crasherball said:
he just sais:

The preorder price will be the complete price, as it was with the GP2X.

We don't want to do a 'gp2x' on you and take preorders then keep you waiting for a crazy length of time.

I think you missed the part where it says it will be the complete price, meaning the full price. I assume he means up front, as he would have said otherwise if it wasn't true.

"full price" or "complete price" just means for me, that it wont be any cheaper...
because sometimes preorder-products are cheaper then after the release ( to drive up the preorders)

Crasherball said:
"full price" or "complete price" just means for me, that it wont be any cheaper...
because sometimes preorder-products are cheaper then after the release ( to drive up the preorders)

That is definitely not the case here. You will have to pay the full, total, complete, whole nine yeards $330 when you pre-order.

I have a queston for whoever is developing an arcade emulator, will i be able to use frontend's sort of like this

What does the full price for the pandora include? (i.e. battery, power cable, tv out? are all these included? If not what is and isn't? And how much extra will they cost?)

Back