Pandora random reboots :-(

Miner49er

Website
www.lessermatters.co.uk
Hi there,

I'll throw this out here in case it's a known issue - I seem to recall others mentioning it ages ago but can't be sure.

Yes, I took my Pandy on holiday last week and enjoyed playing through Super Mario World. However, I found my unit rebooted several times - in the end it became annoying, so I started using snes9x save state feature so I could actually progress.

I haven't really experienced this before apart from a couple of times that I was sure was due to the battery being a bit loose (place on a table, thing reboots) but now I'm thinking something is really wrong.

This and my wifi not working means perhaps I could send back - I would pay for shipping - and perhaps pay for an updated motherboard too (I would really like to have wifi working), incidently does anyone know the price for this?

I have firmware 1.5 (beta I think) with the really battery life and this seemed to happen mainly due to snes9x - oh also running at default 500Mhz (saving power whilst on holiday!). Obviously, I have looked after my little beauty, never dropped bashed bludgeoned etc!

m

Does sound like battery problems, maybe the battery in his unit doesnt fit well enough, causing power drops, with reboots as a result.

If its indeed not possible to fit the battery properly, it might need repairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I must admit I didn't remove and re-insert the battery as it all seemed tightly held together. Very soon after recieving the unit a small piece of plastic broke off the battery cover, which could potentially reduce the 'clip-in-tight' effect, but it all seemed just fine until last week.

Well, I shall re-seat the battery tonight and have another crack at SMW for while and see what happens.

The only thing I thought it could be is a problem with snes9x itself but a program causing a reboot is unlikely I reckon...

Back