Pandora Rebirth Edition delivered !

This is not fair :D It seems like many here have two pandora's and rest doesn't have pandora at all. Life is a bitch ^_^

A member received his unity and had to force to close the battery lid.

It seems his battery is 1 or 2 mm too thick.
I've got two batteries, one is very tight and needs to be forced closed with an obvious bulge to the lid, and the second closes up tight with no problem. Meanwhile there are people with a bit of a gap between the battery and the lid which cause them problems as the battery shifts around a bit. The batteries have always had a bit of intolerance in their shape, unfortunately. I'm assuming they're still using the same batteries they had made so many years ago.

The batteries have a date, the 1609s are a little larger all around than the 3910. Two small pieces of foam were added to the battery housing on the German made ReBirth edition. If there is an excessively large 1609, I could see this tape creating an issue, but it can be removed. If using the 3910 batteries, the foam is best left in place.

Hope that helps. Oh, the first two numbers are the week the battery was made, then the year.

The rebirth sticker is a nice touch.

On those ones where the battery shifts a bit, it doesn't ever disconnect though does it?

great to hear more lucky people getting their delivery

The rebirth sticker is a nice touch.
Unless you're one of those people who thought investing in a First Edition and getting something on the machine that said so was worth something. Then it's just one more slap in the face.

Apart from that, everything looks pretty good... though I may end up painting those screws black. We'll see.

Unless you're one of those people who thought investing in a First Edition and getting something on the machine that said so was worth something. Then it's just one more slap in the face.
I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't still have a bunch of those "First Edition" stickers, and if you really want "First Edition" instead of "Rebirth Edition" then you can probably ask for one.

I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't still have a bunch of those "First Edition" stickers, and if you really want "First Edition" instead of "Rebirth Edition" then you can probably ask for one.
Personally I'll be too busy falling down and dying from the surprise of seeing a Pandora in my hands to worry about the sticker, but I remember a bunch of people being especially invested in the presence of a First Edition/Not First Edition acknowledgement back in the day. I suppose it's entirely possible they've either received their units already or cancelled anyway, but yes the opportunity it likely there for them to ask nicely for an old sticker.

First Edition = Circuit Co

Rebirth Edition = Global Components

I know where I want mine from.
The orange LEDs will give it away as a Rebirth.

Edited... had a question here but moving it to a new thread since it's off topic. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The batteries all do fit.

If the lid can't be closed easily, the wrapping is not properly done.

Just pushing the wrapping down around the batter should do the trick :)

I also like the contrast of the new silver screws. And while black is cool, I would worry about usage chipping off some of the blackness and giving them the crappy fingernail polish look.

I'll feel a little disappointed if fine print somewhere on each of our units doesn't at least say which batch we ordered from, but that might be a little nonsensical too since they are all coming from a recently made stock, which I'm very happy about. I'll just make myself a fancy badge after I receive.

Back