Pandora Running Windows 95 - Cross-Platform Purpose Testing Only

alerino

Well, some of you guys are missing Bill Gates, so i decided to give Windows 95 a try with the Pandora, following some howtos, here, here, and here

i really don't think it's going to be useful in any matter. Very basic software should work fine, i think.

Boot time: barely one minute

4986552289_a38f048fb3_z.jpg

4986552413_566135fd47_z.jpg

4986552347_39b97f7635_z.jpg

What have you done? Mark my words, no good will come of this...

In all seriousness, I'm quite surprised it runs as good as it does, but this is certainly gonna spawn a lot of misconceptions about being able to run windows games.

MonkeyChops said:
are you overvolting to get 1ghz?
Most likely. The highest clock I've seen at opp3 was from skeezix here present at 900 mhz (how far can you go now at opp5?).

Still, I don't this is going to go far. It will be like the people that boot up, windows 95 at the wii (and the mouse was quite usable thanks to the wiimote), that ultimately was just for a showoff as it where too slow.

Lets hope the qemu+arm port gets its problems solved so we can run some sweet windows games.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can modify the line
maxmhz=1000
at the script to increase the limit.
Or just do
cat "processor speed" > /proc/pandora/cpu_mhz_max
for a manual version.

Do you have LodeRunner and Thexder to try? Both are simple plataformers that might not ask all that much. Though LodeRunner might work better at Windows 3.1

next video you make, make sure the pandora is actually visible just to piss us off even more....running your damn windows on our precious, whats wrong with you!?

Wow... I'd run this purely for nostalgia's sake. That Windows 95 boot sound opened up a vault of memories I had long forgotten about.

Hopefully I find time to try this out, I definitely have a use for it if USB MIDI is functional.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~giovanni/index.html

(Roland MT-32 owners, check that out. You might be amazed at what that old thing can do.)

Back