Pandora running Windows 95 - cross-platform purpose testing only

alerino

Well, some of you guys are missing Bill Gates, so i decided to give Windows 95 a try with the Pandora, following some howtos, here, here, and here

i really don't think it's going to be useful in any matter. Very basic software should work fine, i think.

Boot time: barely one minute

4986552289_a38f048fb3_z.jpg

4986552413_566135fd47_z.jpg

4986552347_39b97f7635_z.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/embed/CXeNvyiUDTM?feature=oembed

Someone should port Bochs, because I'm genuinely curious as to how it'll perform relative to DOSBox. I think it actually stands a good chance of beating it despite not having a recompiler. I actually think that.

i wonder if i could play roller coaster tycoon in it. if i could that would be a dream come true.

i wonder if i could play roller coaster tycoon in it. if i could that would be a dream come true.

I remember playing roller coaster tycoon on a windows 95 box - it went at a decent speed (although I used a no-cd patch because it only had a 1X cd drive).

It's cool to see it running though. The funny thing is that it doesn't seem all that much slower than computers at the time ran it! (The OS, I know additional software wouldn't though.)

Someone should port Bochs, because I'm genuinely curious as to how it'll perform relative to DOSBox. I think it actually stands a good chance of beating it despite not having a recompiler. I actually think that.
I just tryed bochs on N900 (from extras-devel), it works, so someone could just repack it for test run :) if it will not run out of the box, maybe just small modifications would be needed. I'd do it myself, but I don't have a pandora (am at the end of batch1)

It actually raises a very interesting point though: why is there no solitaire on the Pandora? gnome-games is, what, 5 or 6 MB at most? Yeah, NAND is kinda limited, but aren't solitaire and minesweeper kinda staples of what a new computer comes with these days? It feels so empty without them!

I'll attempt to PND them up tonight. How hard could it be?

It actually raises a very interesting point though: why is there no solitaire on the Pandora? gnome-games is, what, 5 or 6 MB at most? Yeah, NAND is kinda limited, but aren't solitaire and minesweeper kinda staples of what a new computer comes with these days? It feels so empty without them!

i agree

however we do have Ltris and mahjong now still it needs some solitaire :D

It actually raises a very interesting point though: why is there no solitaire on the Pandora? gnome-games is, what, 5 or 6 MB at most?
Gnome games are far larger than that. the kde games pnd is 122M and I expect about the same size for gnome games. Do you realize that these games are a bit more than a standard windows games clones ?

Yeah, NAND is kinda limited, but aren't solitaire and minesweeper kinda staples of what a new computer comes with these days? It feels so empty without them!
I don't agree here.

just a few dependency away.

My new state of the art mac doesn't have solitaire or Minesweeper :unsure:

Back