Pandora Screen And Australian Price

JakeK

Website
Visit site
Hi,

I was just wondering, will the Pandora screen be much beter than the GP2x F200 one? As the GP2X F200's screen reflects light at an incredible amount.

Also, the conversion from Euro to Australian Dollars ends up around $470. Will it cost this much for an Australian to buy it?

Cheers

Jake

JakeK said:
Hi,

I was just wondering, will the Pandora screen be much beter than the GP2x F200 one? As the GP2X F200's screen reflects light at an incredible amount.

Do you mean the screen is glossy finish instead of Matte? I must confess I gave up on GP2X around the time they made the "value pack", the F200 with the separated d-pad and nothing fixed, plus the price hike just turned me sour on the whole thing.

I would be interested in hearing about the screen.

Also, the conversion from Euro to Australian Dollars ends up around $470. Will it cost this much for an Australian to buy it?

Cheers

Jake
212 Euros looks like it should be AUD $346.029 ( http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic )

Yikes, it looks like the US$ price just jumped $10.

Keep in mind that is with the battery and charger and TV-Out cable, and there is no need for a BoB because the USB is on-board (so add all that stuff to the GP2X, figure in the Dual Analog controls, the keyboard, the wifi, the TI OMAP with PowerVR SGX on a 65nm process, and the dual SDHC slots)

I think that it will be a bit expensive yes, but I think the standard pack will include just about everything you need right out of the box (except memory, but 2GB SD is $9.50 here, it is getting crazy).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers.

I am concerned about the screen though, I was trying to watch a movie on a train in day time and it was horrible! I couldn't see anything.

I have a 4GB SDHC card in my GP2X F200 now so I'll use that one and buy another.

Also, how does one operate the analogue sticks?

I look forward to this a lot. Now I just need to get into the Army to start getting some money :p

JakeK said:
Cheers.

I am concerned about the screen though, I was trying to watch a movie on a train in day time and it was horrible! I couldn't see anything.

I don't know about that, maybe the answer will come soon.

Is there any chance you could add a matte screen protector to cut some of the glare? It is usually better to glossy and have anti-glare added later, it is harder to glossy a pre-applied anti-glare layer, and reduces the black level. It all depends on where you use it, and you don't use it in the dark or an area with controllable light.

Also, how does one operate the analogue sticks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i26UXJOTkTk

http://www.youtube.com/user/MWeston2

Where did you get $550 and 470 AUD? That will really scare some people away.

Hey JakeK, 'nother Aussie here. I'd worked the price out the same as nubie's, ie around the 350 mark. The way I'm looking at it, I've already spent $400 on my GP2X (I bought a case & power pack with it, then picked up 2x2GB cards, good batteries and a charger from JB Hifi). The way the Pandora is looking, I'll spend over $400 if I have to. Of course I'll be selling the GP2X and iPod when the time comes, so it won't bite too hard. :)

A new PSP + the necessary bits to mod it hits the $400 mark, and that's got nothing on what the Pandora will do.

Gruso said:
Hey JakeK, 'nother Aussie here. I'd worked the price out the same as nubie's, ie around the 350 mark.
Only $350 AUD? Freekin Schweet!

Don't forget overseas postage though. That'll put it up a bit.

We do have a GP2X distributor in Australia so with any luck we may get a Pandora one too.

It would be nice though if this could be confirmed or not.

Yeah my GP2X F200 ended up being around $300. Anyway, I would be easily willing to pay extra money for something that is going to easily beat the F200. I'll sell it when I get the Pandora (when I get it).

Cheers nubie, I found some on Ebay and whatnot for Australia, I'll give that a go.

JakeK said:
On the topic of the screen..... is it pressure sensitive?

I didn't think the DS was, then I saw my friend using a home brew drawing app.

Gruso said:
A new PSP + the necessary bits to mod it hits the $400 mark, and that's got nothing on what the Pandora will do.
Actually, you can get all that is necesssary for around $250 (including shipping), but the pandora still wins out because it has at least two times as much processing power as the PSP, not to mention a more practical design, dual analogs, dual SDHC slots, keyboard, etc... the list could go on forever. For what it is, pandora is a remarkable deal.

Shiny said:
Gruso said:
Actually, you can get all that is necesssary for around $250 (including shipping), but the pandora still wins out because it has at least two times as much processing power as the PSP, not to mention a more practical design, dual analogs, dual SDHC slots, keyboard, etc... the list could go on forever. For what it is, pandora is a remarkable deal.

Most important is the USB, without an external connection I sold my PSP, no peripherals :angry: .

Back