Pandora Sdhc Speed Limit

Qvazar

Still Fresh
I'm browsing the web for a SDHC card, and stumbled upon the Class 10 SanDisk Extreme III, with read/write speeds up to 30MB/s.

But can the Pandora SDHC-controller support these speeds? What are the maximum throughput?
I don't want to waste money on a card that have more speed than the Pandora could ever use :)

I've tried searching, but could not find a definite answer to this question - has noone tested this yet?

Edit: Oops, this should've been in General :unsure:

Qvazar said:
I'm browsing the web for a SDHC card, and stumbled upon the Class 10 SanDisk Extreme III, with read/write speeds up to 30MB/s.

But can the Pandora SDHC-controller support these speeds? What are the maximum throughput?
I don't want to waste money on a card that have more speed than the Pandora could ever use :)

I've tried searching, but could not find a definite answer to this question - has noone tested this yet?

Edit: Oops, this should've been in General :unsure:
The Pandora SD controller has a 24Mhz clock. It will never, even under absolutely best conditions, exceed 24MB/s.
There has been real world demonstrations up to 16MB/s or so, I think I remember MWeston saying he saw. Can't recall if he said what kind of card he used.
The important question though is why do you think you need 30MB/s? Are you hoping to record HD video in real time with your Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
The Pandora SD controller has a 24Mhz clock. It will never, even under absolutely best conditions, exceed 24MB/s.
There has been real world demonstrations up to 16MB/s or so, I think I remember MWeston saying he saw. Can't recall if he said what kind of card he used.
The important question though is why do you think you need 30MB/s? Are you hoping to record HD video in real time with your Pandora?

Haha no, I don't think I need 30MB/s, I just don't want a slow SD card to be the bottleneck when loading games or launching apps. I won't buy a card only to know that it could be faster for a few bucks more :rolleyes: It could be that I won't even feel the difference, but at least I know it's as fast as it gets :D

So I should look for something that has about the 100-133x rating, 15-20MB/s read speed. Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back