Pandora sighted in the wild!

el_pango

I was at the Maker Faire in California over the weekend, and, as luck would have it, one of the people manning the Beagleboard display had his Pandora with him, so we sat and shot the breeze for a bit.

Who else has run into other OP users in real life?

Incidentally, Craig, Jason from TI sends his regards.

I was at the Maker Faire in California over the weekend, and, as luck would have it, one of the people manning the Beagleboard display had his Pandora with him, so we sat and shot the breeze for a bit.

If you see him again soon tell him I reminded him to push for that thing I want, he knows what it is ;)

If you see him again soon tell him I reminded him to push for that thing I want, he knows what it is ;)

I probably won't as the faire is over (waaay too short) and I don't think he's local to San Francisco, but yeah, if we cross paths again, I will.

On that score, someone should organize a Nor Cal meetup...

I would have loved to have the thing on my desk during my E3 meetings in a couple weeks, but alas, the timing didn't work out that way.

Aside from my brother, none so far.

I have been getting quite lukewarm comments about it as well. Most people around me don't see the added value over a smartphone, laptop or tablet. Though everyone is impressed by the battery life.

You know why you're getting lukewarm comments/reception?...it's because they don't understand what Pandora stands for and that it began it's life as a community based project.

You know why you're getting lukewarm comments/reception?...it's because they don't understand what Pandora stands for and that it began it's life as a community based project.
Not really, they just don't care about that at all. But so what, I love my Pandora and what others think of it matters not.

IMHO, there are too many casual gadget users out there these days (past 5 years). People who only think iOS and Android as the 2 main and only options.

I say, "F*CK THEM!!!" F*CK THEM RIGHT IN THE EAR HOLE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO, there are too many casual gadget users out there these days (past 5 years). People who only think iOS and Android as the 2 main and only options.

There are no winners in that scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Except those that love to fuck ear holes and those that love their ear holes fucked! Its win win for them...both :p

For everyone else, its too little an announcement they couldn't quite make out ;)

In reality both Caine and SONY are right, in that those gadget folk don't really care about the backstory to any device, yet sadly they want an iOS or similar ease of use, with any device that greases their palms since.

Craig wants some changes in this regard for Pandora but seems intent to disregard the work in that direction that already exists and as such is at loggerheads with the fanbase that is even aware of, gives a damn about and wants the success of the Pandora.

I've not spotted a Pandora in the wild but it did turn out that 2 of first 100 made their way to my home estate. So its a very small world really.

Could you please stop with such stuff?

I don't want to start to hide some of your posts, but this is really a bit too much.

The last sentence was unnecessary.

To each his own...

Android and iOS devices have become quite accessible and budget-friendly. I think they provide a good user experience on their own, too.

I probably won't as the faire is over (waaay too short) and I don't think he's local to San Francisco, but yeah, if we cross paths again, I will.

On that score, someone should organize a Nor Cal meetup...
That would be cool, I'm in the East Bay every few weeks.

Same here, I've never seen anyone "in the wild" with a Pandora, but a few months ago the worker at the local retro video games store had a gp2x Wiz out and I had my Caanoo so I showed that off :D . Now I need to go back since I just got my Pandora :lol: .

I showed my Panda to people at work. The ladies weren't too impressed (dammit, I was promised this would be a chick magnet!) The guys who like video games thought it was pretty rad and our software engineers thought it would be super handy.

I would have loved to have the thing on my desk during my E3 meetings in a couple weeks, but alas, the timing didn't work out that way.

I'm going to E3 (game programmer) and I'm bringing my Pandy with me! What should I put on it to show off?

Could you please stop with such stuff?

I don't want to start to hide some of your posts, but this is really a bit too much.

The last sentence was unnecessary.

Yeah, come on - CAPS are just rude.

Back