Pandora-Tan Character Art

Consequence9 said:
Upon seeing the thread I was prepared to dismiss it, but upon seeing the drawing I must agree that you've got some talent. I like it a lot (the first one), very aesthetically pleasing. Weird thing tho - she bears frightening resemblance to an ex of mine o_O

how can I get in contact with your ex?

Last edited by a moderator:
Consequence9 said:
Upon seeing the thread I was prepared to dismiss it, but upon seeing the drawing I must agree that you've got some talent. I like it a lot (the first one), very aesthetically pleasing.

+1

the second one is kinda cool i like it. But yours is freaking awesome man.
It would be nice to see it as a wallpaper perhaps with a blackened background and her with a slight blue glow standing next to a pandora symbol. You know keep the rest simple so she stands out. Hope to see a revision of the second one though, here are a few suggestions:
blue hair
less frilly colar
make here belt look more like a ribbon cable

hope these suggestions are useful
(even though I'm a shit drawer Lol )

toodles
XD

soooo nice, shame you have to turn it 90° to get it working as a wallpaper
need another version better suited for wallpaper

anyway guau, nice pic

(im ok with the panda once, but the one in the face is way too much, also i believe theres somewhere in the world some kind of
panda that looks way too alike and could be copyrighted)

r00tw00t said:
Consequence9 said:
Upon seeing the thread I was prepared to dismiss it, but upon seeing the drawing I must agree that you've got some talent. I like it a lot (the first one), very aesthetically pleasing. Weird thing tho - she bears frightening resemblance to an ex of mine o_O
how can I get in contact with your ex?
:lol: :p

It's seriously freakin me out tho... like I don't wanna be a freak & post up a picture, but that like is her. In fact I think ima send this to her (we're friends now, this was a while ago).

I really like the first one but like some people said the tattoo on her face kinda detracts. I like the way you built her rather than going big boobs showing lots of cleavage. The pose I really like also.

second exodous said:
I really like the first one but like some people said the tattoo on her face kinda detracts. I like the way you built her rather than going big boobs showing lots of cleavage. The pose I really like also.
+1, it's tasteful & not over the top (for what it is)

What, two pages and no one's linked this yet? :p

Also, they look great. Keep up the good work!

Tom` said:
S-r-ex said:
BTW, where's Pandora-tan? Any OS or platform with respect for itself needs its own manga mascot....

stuff10_by_saejinoh.jpg

(naw)mcx said:
Also, my GF made this, I have the original so I can rescan and make look all pretty.

pandora_mecca_by_hannahri1_1.png

Just thought I'd get these in this thread.

I like the one made by (naw)mcx's girlfriend.
And yours, Tj, is also rather amazing.

First I want to say that both Tj's and chibiinochi's drawings are really nice and I like them alot.
Tj's:
Her cloth makes me think of one of them car-shows with scantily dressed women presenting the cars and that isn't such a positive thing, in my view.
The panda tattoo on the face doesn't work that well, the one on the belly is ok.
I really LOVE how you have utilized the stylus, it's awesome.

chibiinochi's:
The lightning on her nose makes it look off (perhaps having a strong light-source and a shadow on the same side of the nose causes this).
I love the clothing, except for the boots and the white color of the socks(?), they stand out a bit too much.

Edit:
The image Tom posted is also really good, and I do generally prefer this stylye when it comes to mascots, but all three works here.
The one by (naw)mcx's girlfriend cant really be compared to the other three, since it's more of a sketch than any of the other's.
But the body looks good and all the small details makes it fun/interesting to look at.
The head and the right arm are somewhat strange, I think the head isn't as centered on the neck as it should be.

ashdjones said:
Consequence9 said:
Upon seeing the thread I was prepared to dismiss it, but upon seeing the drawing I must agree that you've got some talent. I like it a lot (the first one), very aesthetically pleasing.

+1

WIN
XD

Tom` said:

I like this one, it seems more companion-like (how I'd expect my Pandora to be) as opposed to street walker. Would like to see more iterations/submissions overall though.

darien said:
I like this one, it seems more companion-like (how I'd expect my Pandora to be) as opposed to street walker. Would like to see more iterations/submissions overall though.
Is this the one you're talking about?
20091210_Pandora.png

I like that one more just because she seems more lively than the rest. The tattoo is the only thing I don't really like about it.

MonkeyChops said:
I know these are rough designs so don't take offense to this, I just noticed something I thought was funny. With the shading around her legs it looks like she really needs a wax job. :D
I thought the same thing, lol. Those crosshatched shadows should need to go bye in the final design. Also, arms are short and left hand could be bigger.

Lookin' good though. I don't like anime much, but this isn't even very animeish. Nice job!

I'll try to make some pandora related art stuff over the break.

Back