Pandora Tops 1000 Boxes

Polossatik

I reject your reality and substitute my own
Website
Visit site
They need to do some fact checking, but it's nice to have the exposure on a website read by a lot of geeks..

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/13/pandora_games/

it's about that mark, but exact numbers don't really matter

nice that they gave the nanonote a mention, great little computer, though nowhere near as kickass as the pandora in terms of what it can actually do

Aside: 1000 "units" remember; some people bought multiple (I only point this out since folks do kmow that some units og to ED's shop and some to craigs, but when folks say "I'm order number about-500..." they forget the guy in front may have ordered 10.

jeff

Also, how many were returned to be replaced? Are the people that sent back and received three separate units counted three times?

Well fact checking is just correct journalistic practice. It is good to get the coverage though. It's not open source hardware either. It's open source friendly, that's how I'd put it.

Well, Craig has sown many seeds of disinformation in the past so I can't blame them when the official source gives numbers that aren't congruent with those given out at other times.

Anyways, good to see more exposure. Hope all this news means the second batch sells as well as the first one, or even better.

Dead1nside said:
Well fact checking is just correct journalistic practice. It is good to get the coverage though. It's not open source hardware either. It's open source friendly, that's how I'd put it.

Any professional journalist should be able to make the facts up as he goes along, without it being too obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig's email doesn't actually say they have shipped 1000 units, just that they're about to. Which may seem like a minor distinction, but that's basically what he's been saying for a while now.

There's "bought" and there's "received". Over 4000 have been bought (wait: has 2nd batch preordering begun?). But for the common layman who hasn't been following this whole saga, I suppose that the expression "1000 purchased" is an appropriate simplification.

That article is just horrible to read. Inaccuracies aside, there's just no flow to it. It just seems to be random unrelated 'facts' about the system, a quick jump to the nano note, and then a few 'facts' about the company.

It gave me a headache just trying to follow from start to finish.

The thought of EvilDragon being a Geordie geek. :D
Very odd article almost accurate in places. It's press and Craig wasn't complaining.

edit: and 1000 units is about right. I read somewhere there were 200 reserves.

Back