Pandora Pandora Tower Defense In 3D

More progress! Some screenshots, which I hope you'll agree look a lot more like a game than last time :)
I really need someone to help out with graphics! Fusion_power has done some great towers, but he's too busy to do more, so... anyone interested? Basically it's just making static towers, menus/interfaces and mobs, with a pretty huge amount of creative freedom. I can help with everything, including animating mobs, but I just can't art well enough to do it myself! Give me a shout if you're interested, and if you could let people know that would be ace :)
Back to progress; multiple types of tower can be made with their own stats and method of shooting, then they shoot mobs. When mobs get to the target, they take some health off the player. So I think that means I have actual gameplay! My next task is to get all the towers in, with upgrades and each doing their own thing. After that comes lots of interesting types of mobs, but really I need a graphics guy to help with those!
Anyone got any suggestions about the UI? At the moment it's a little bar on the right which pops up when you press a button, then buggers off after a few seconds of not using it, so it doesn't eat up valuable screen area. I think it works okay, but suggestions are always welcome :)

Looks good so far. :)
I would like to see it with my visible path, you can actualy turn these tiles like you want, should always fit. Tunnels are the start and end point of the creeps, I made them hollow so you can set these points straight in the tunnel.
For more feedback, you also could ask in the official Forums, there are actualy more people reading and there is already a thread. Maybe you find some Talents that can do Mobs and stuff. I bet there are also free to use models out there in the web. And do you really need more towers? I would like to keep it simple, just a hand full of towers for the beginning, covering the basic shooting types, nothing to complex. ^^

What about something like this for main menu? (Just quick sketch)
menuvt.png

Stylish! B) Fits to the Middle Age/Phantasy Setting. I also can imagine the ingame Menu in this style. Maybe with a more clear Font there but overall, this style is right. ^^
Could you try to make the entire menu options of the title Screen in one scroll? Minus the Title itself maybe.

I can, but I am on a trip over the weekend. If you like I kan try to make something more professional with color at the start of next week.

Yee, I could do sketches at least. As said, I can prepare something next week.

mcobit said:
Should be Ye Towers ;)
Whoops. ^^"
Somehow I had "De Blob" in mind, funny game. :D It also could be "le Towers or "Ye ole Towers". ^^

EDIT: For Models, Enemies/Mobs, maybe I've found a source: http://opengameart.org/ found some minutes ago. Seems to be a very nice source for 2D and 3D game Art, I'm impressed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think original models would be nicer. Does it take a lot of time for a 3d artist to model some low poly models for this?

mcobit said:
I think original models would be nicer. Does it take a lot of time for a 3d artist to model some low poly models for this?
I guess the most time it costs to animate a model. ^^

Ok, looks like I can draw on paper, but I am certainly not good at transfering that to the screen ;).
Here is the best I could do in 2 hours:
wallm.png

Yes, something like this. :)
The Scroll could need some shading and the overall lines could be a little bit more "rough" imho, it still looks to "clean" for my taste. But it should be an easy task now that you have thee basic graphics. In Photoshop or Gimp there are many effects for making a drawing really a drawing. :)

Maybe something like this:

That's even better. :) I would put more roughness and dirt to the bricks on the wall, they are still to smooth and clean. But the overall style fits pretty well. ^^

WOW! fantastic artwork! :D :D i suggest you to add some medieval music in the game, all in style ;)
so.. can this run on the caanoo? :)

kayuz said:
WOW! fantastic artwork! :D :D i suggest you to add some medieval music in the game, all in style ;)
so.. can this run on the caanoo? :)
The Picture can run on the Caanoo, yes. ;) At the Moment, there is not much more than that. ^^ For more infos, you should ask Tobs, he is working on the engine.

Back