3D Tower Defence - WIP

Tobs

Website
Visit site
In the spirit of rebirths, I figured I'd try and finish this project :)

Originally proposed on the GP32x forums by Fusion_Power, he did some great tower models and I sort of ran with them.

Here's how it looked two weeks ago, and here's what I've got now:

rebirth2.png

rebirth1.png

Not too bad for two weeks I think :)

Only problem is, I'm not great at making animated mobs, or artwork for the user interface, does anyone want to team up with me and contribute?

Btw: there was an old topic about this, but I figure it'd be best to make a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey cool, i just recently wondered what happened to this project - great to see it's still alive! sorry to say that i can't help you with art, though. but maybe fusion_power picks it up again (rebirth compo?)

Wow, puts my "2 weeks" work to shame :) Glad to see somebody working on this.

this will come to rebirth comp? if yes, it gets my vote instantly..

Nice to see, that this is still alive. It has been a while. :) Looks quite good so far, maybe the scale of the bigger gras plane Texture has to be reduces to macht with the cliff edges but overall it looks usable. I can't remember that I made T-junctions, but I didn't thought about multi path alternatives. ^^"

Please don't make it to hard to win, at least the first rounds.

There should be more than one prefect way to win the game.

I want fun.

I want fun.
I guess, at first he just have to make the game run with all of its important features and then the balancing and tweaking can start. ;)

I want fun.
I guess, at first he just have to make the game run with all of its important features and then the balancing and tweaking can start. ;)

Sure.

I don't know but in my oppinion it's verry hard to balance a tower defence game.

this will come to rebirth comp? if yes, it gets my vote instantly..
Maybe, I don't have my Pandora yet though so I doubt I'll be able to finish and port this before the end of the competition.

Nice to see, that this is still alive. It has been a while. :) Looks quite good so far, maybe the scale of the bigger gras plane Texture has to be reduces to macht with the cliff edges but overall it looks usable. I can't remember that I made T-junctions, but I didn't thought about multi path alternatives. ^^"
Still going strong, though I had a long break until a week or two ago. Yeah there's lots of little graphical tweaks to make, things to pretty it up and the like. You only made corner bits, but I managed to hack some 3 and 4 way paths. Your models look very nice in game though, thanks for making them! The path engine is pretty nice, it'll handle some quite complex paths through the built-in level editor :)

Features definitely come first, right now I'm just working out a nice interface for customising waves in the level editor, and after that I'm just about done with the bulk of the gameplay programming :)

Yeah, I never thought about junctions or alternative corners for the level borders. ^^"" However, you did it well to add this stuff. I also did only made 1 type of tunnel, for entry and exit of the mobs. Maybe some signs/marks/whatever over the Tunnel shows from where the mobs come and where they go so you can plan your strategies before the wave is starting. :)

Hi Enoch, I'm also busy with University assignments until the end of April, so that works pretty well :) Got any examples of what you can do, or a gallery anywhere?

I have some work I've done here. I mostly work with photography type graphic design but, I've done some more game related graphic design with blender and experimented with texturing in OpenArena.

Back