Pandora Warenty

Soulkiller

I've searched the forums and no one has seemed to have brought it up or maybe its jsut common knowledge and I'm dumb but if any, how does a warenty work on pandora if the developers support modding it? Is it still going to have an annoying "DO NOT REMOVE OR WORLD EXPOLDES!" sticker so modding it voids your warenty? or are you guys going with another approach that still allows people to open up their prized posession and are still covered by basic or maybe even exteneded warenty rules?

I haven't heard anything about it yet. But I suppose the warranty would only cover certain parts of the Pandora when it comes to modding, that is how I'd see it working but I don't know.

To prevent this from getting ignored until one of the mods close this thread.... This question has already been asked and answered. There is already a thread on this.

It's pretty much going to work the same as a basic manufacturer warranty. The first set of system (the ones you got to assemble) are pretty much all going to get replaced with latter ones, they are just there for QA. Of coarse those are more there for devs to give QA on.

You mean like certain internal components? That doesn't really make sense because as soon as you open it you run the chance of frying components. To be honest I can't really see any way of having a warrenty that still supports hardware mods that doesn't screw the dev team over or is not easily exploitable.

EDIT: So all versions are going to have a standard manufactur warenty (sticker protected?) Including the "public" 3000 shipment?

I'd say it would follow the normal rules:

Defect caused from manufacturing of Pandora: Replacement.
Defect caused by modding the console yourself: No replacement (However, some people may help you find out whats wrong/fix it).

I do parts warranty at a computer store. (A job position I recommend staying away from) While this doesn't necessarily apply to customers, (unless they're smart enough to not tell us), whether a supplier/manufacturer will accept something under warranty all depends on a little thing called "physical damage"

Evidence of tampering and alteration, missing/torn serial stickers, burnt chips or any other form of visible or physical damage will void the warranty. If you can't see any visible damage of any kind the supplier/manufacturer will cover it.

Failed Bios updates, overclocking etc can be claimed under warranty... as the warranty forms only have a spot to write the fault. Bios/overclocking is a cause, not a fault so it doesn't need to be mentioned. ;)

being that Evil Dragon and MWeston is on the team maybe they'll repair certain system if moded for a small fee?

Back