Pandora won't charge! D:

Mygames19

Hello again,

It seems after owning my unit for more then a year, it really starts to show it's wear.

To keep this short, my Pandora won't charge anymore. The Pandora power cable that came with my unit makes some clicking noises when I plug it in - no idea why. I never threw the thing around or anything. It doesn't do anything from what I can tell. And when I plug it in via Mini-USB, all it does is turn on my unit if the unit is off. There's no light indication showing it's charging, and after leaving it plugged in all night, the battery has gone from %45 to %35. This makes no sense because in the past I've used this method to charge. Really don't know what to make of this.... I'm going on a trip for a week and I was really hoping I'd get to bring my Pandora. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
You could try to locally find an official PSP adapter, IIRC there's an iPad charger that might work too.

When you leaving on your trip?

I was thinking of doing that, but I was really hoping I could just keep using my computer... because I'd rather not have to spend money on a new charger.

But, I suppose I can call them up and ask how much they'll charge me. (EDIT: Just called them... $10) I'm just afraid theirs won't work either.. :p

We leave this Sunday.

Have you reseated the battery and tried to charge it in low power mode from usb?

The cable that came with my Pandora died within weeks, if not days. I immediately switched to a 2A iPad USB adaptor, a USB->Mini-USB cable and a Mini-USB->PSP Charger adaptor. Haven't had a lick of trouble since.

Try removing the battery for 10 minutes or so to reset the charging chip. Some people reported this helps, I suppose the chip is getting into some bad state or something.

Have you reseated the battery and tried to charge it in low power mode from usb?

I just tried reseating - still no good. I don't have a cable that is Male USB on both sides, but I've got a few that are Male USB to Male Mini-USB, and I've used them to charge my Pandora in the past. They aren't working anymore though for some reason...

The cable that came with my Pandora died within weeks, if not days. I immediately switched to a 2A iPad USB adaptor, a USB->Mini-USB cable and a Mini-USB->PSP Charger adaptor. Haven't had a lick of trouble since.

Well that sucks. Your setup sounds a bit complicated and expensive for me to do within 2 days. I'll probably try purchasing a PSP Charger at this point and hope that it works.

I just tried reseating - still no good. I don't have a cable that is Male USB on both sides, but I've got a few that are Male USB to Male Mini-USB, and I've used them to charge my Pandora in the past. They aren't working anymore though for some reason...
Don't connect power to the USB host port, it isn't designed for that. mcobit was definitely talking about the USB mini port. If all your cables are busted, you should easily be able to buy one. Every computer store will carry them, and many dollar store (or regional equivalents) should have some cheap ones as well.

Don't connect power to the USB host port, it isn't designed for that. mcobit was definitely talking about the USB mini port. If all your cables are busted, you should easily be able to buy one. Every computer store will carry them, and many dollar store (or regional equivalents) should have some cheap ones as well.

That's what I figured, but I figured you guys knew more about this then me... :p

Okay, so the problem is solved. For some reason, Mini-USB works when I plug it in to a different computer... must be a faulty USB on this one or something. Looks like I'll still need to invest in a PSP charger at some point though... That or I suppose there's USB Wall plugs that I could try. At least it's not the Pandora.... that's what I was most worried about.

Thanks everyone for your help! :)

Back