Pandora Pandora Word/seek Find Game

authoreyes

Website
www.markandmarina.com
Wanted to share with everyone I game I have been developing over the course of the week. It's nothing too fancy, just more a "jump" back into the cold waters of C++ for a Java/Groovy guy. It's been many years, too many to list since the last time I used C++.

Anywhoo, the game is a word find/seek puzzle game that will dynamically generate a puzzle of words from text files anyone can create. I chose this for several reason, mainly, a good, simple way to get back into blitting/event handling/pointers without being too real time rendering intensive. As well, I also end up playing a similar game on my DS quite often, so I figured maybe someone else could enjoy this as well.

I still have several outstanding tasks, including improved memory management, audio, diagonals (only works N-S-E-W and reverse right now), and a few other features, but it is almost done.

I just have a few questions:

1. Is it ok to use the pandora logo in the game screen? I have attached links to screen shots here.
2. Anyone know about the feasibility of the boost package (for C++ directory operations and such) running on the pandy? If not, being a rather ignorant c++ guy, what would you recommend as a good library for dir traversal.
3. Would any C++ gurus being will to take a peak at my code and critique it? I really am not sure of best practices/standards/etc as I have been mainly java for 8 years.

Thanks all, can't wait to finish this and get on to some new, creative types games!

p-w-s-1.jpg

p-w-s-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
authoreyes posted on Apr 28 2009 at 07:21 PM) 1. Is it ok to use the pandora logo in the game screen? I have attached links to screen shots here. 2. Anyone know about the feasibility of the boost package (for C++ directory operations and such said:
running on the pandy? If not, being a rather ignorant c++ guy, what would you recommend as a good library for dir traversal.
3. Would any C++ gurus being will to take a peak at my code and critique it? I really am not sure of best practices/standards/etc as I have been mainly java for 8 years.
1. dunno
2. Boost will run afaik; if it runs on desktop Linux, why wouldn't it run on Ångström? Otherwise, you'll be able to use the standard libc functions.
3. If you were to give us your code, we'd be happy to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back