Quick Personal Update And A New Homebrew Pnd

authoreyes

Website
www.markandmarina.com
I have just finished day 3 of my first week of chemo. Getting through this little by little. I haven't really had a the brain/will power to be too active on the boards/dev, but I did package up one of my games I am working on (not the side scroller) This is a word seek game that dynamically generates a grid of words with the selected theme words hidden up or down, forward or reverse. I plan on adding diagonals and really beefing up the algorithms, but I just don't have the strength right now. Also, the 3 or 4 puzzles are set right now, but this will change to be any .txt files you drop in appdata to play with. Coming soon.

This game was my first foray back into c++ (I am mainly a java/groovy guy), so I am none too proud of this code right now. It needs tons of clean up and performance tweaks, but it works for a beta test.

Anywhoo, thanks to everyone for the support (and sinoth and torpor and the rest for the dev tools, code blocks, etc).

I hope as I bit this disease I can get going on my more complex, interesting games.

Grab the pandywordseek game here

EDIT: Just noticed this is my 100th post....Kinda nice how it worked out that way with a bit of a treat attached :)

Many thanks for this Mark.

Fingers crossed for your speedy return to full health.

Ian

I'm quite amazed you could work on this given your situation. You have my complete admiration. B)

Can't test the game till my replacement unit arrives, but I'm looking forward to it.

SomeGuy99 said:
I'm quite amazed you could work on this given your situation. You have my complete admiration. B)

Can't test the game till my replacement unit arrives, but I'm looking forward to it.

Well, I can't vouche for the quality, but it's something :)

It helps keep me mind a bit off of the reality of things...and besides, I love this community and want to help....This damn pandora is a dream....I love it...

I couldn't believe, I bought Under a Killing Moon from GOG and am running that in DosBox....craziness!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure guys -

Back in the hospital - I know of a few bugs :) the video game puzzle seems like the txt has some junk chars....wanna add sounds and make it accept user created puzzles, but feeling pretty shitty right now...

Maybe later....mornings seems to be the worst.

Chemo makes the body feel shitty... fingers crossed it does the job for you.

Concentrate on your own well being for now and recover - Pandora will always be waiting for you after you get well.

Wishing you the best, Ralph.

Just downloaded it and I will try it tonight. You have my best wishes.

edit:
Just got a quick chance to play it, it was good, no bugs that I could see. Thanks!

Thanks all...

It will get better...(and more games to come)...

Just feeling really shitty right now....but 1 week down of chemo! Time for some recovery before the next round.

Back