A Special Request

authoreyes

Website
www.markandmarina.com
All -

I am really sorry to make this request, but I was wondering if someone closer in the queue would be willing to swap places with me. I am currently somewhere in 550-650.

I was just diagnosed with cancer. I had testicular cancer 6 years ago, and it has come back. I will need to start undergoing chemo soon and I was hoping I could have my pandy set up before hand.

I know this is a bizarre request, and I swear, I don't mean to sound like a charity case. I just want to have some toys in place before chemo begins.

Thanks.

You have my sympathies. I found a lump down there, but it turned out to be calcification (apparently a form of scarring, they can't remove it). I totally thought the worst till I had an ultrasound. Sorry that you have the real thing. I got off pretty lightly really.

PS: One of my mates gave me the nickname 'Milkballs'

SomeGuy99 said:
You have my sympathies. I found a lump down there, but it turned out to be calcification (apparently a form of scarring, they can't remove it). I totally thought the worst till I had an ultrasound. Sorry that you have the real thing. I got off pretty lightly really.

I already had the right testicle removed and a complete lymph node dissection (scarred from rib to pelvis) in 2004. We thought it was over, but now it's back inside and requires chemo.

Last edited by a moderator:
authoreyes said:
SomeGuy99 said:

I already had the right testicle removed and a complete lymph node dissection (scarred from rib to pelvis) in 2004. We thought it was over, but now it's back inside and requires chemo.

:(

Shit, that's a shame to hear. If I could help I'd do it - but i don't think my queue position is any better (Craig, could you look into this? What's my order number etc?)

Pandoras aside, I wish you all the best with your treatment. Remember that positive energy is one of your best weapons.

authoreyes said:
All -

I am really sorry to make this request, but I was wondering if someone closer in the queue would be willing to swap places with me. I am currently somewhere in 550-650.

I was just diagnosed with cancer. I had testicular cancer 6 years ago, and it has come back. I will need to start undergoing chemo soon and I was hoping I could have my pandy set up before hand.

I know this is a bizarre request, and I swear, I don't mean to sound like a charity case. I just want to have some toys in place before chemo begins.

Thanks.
Ouch. I can't really give you mine. Well, I suppose I could, but seeing as your que number is far lower than mine, I don't think that would help. Shame to hear about that.

I hope you manage to find somebody willing to swap you places or work something out.

Gruso said:
Shit, that's a shame to hear. If I could help I'd do it - but i don't think my queue position is any better (Craig, could you look into this? What's my order number etc?)

Pandoras aside, I wish you all the best with your treatment. Remember that positive energy is one of your best weapons.

Thanks so much Gruso...I appreciate the sentiment...

It hasn't truly set it in yet as we just returned home...everything is pretty surreal, and I will do my best to stay positive. Keep crankin' on my game as long as I can :)

authoreyes said:
Gruso said:

Thanks so much Gruso...I appreciate the sentiment...

It hasn't truly set it in yet as we just returned home...everything is pretty surreal, and I will do my best to stay positive. Keep crankin' on my game as long as I can :)

I'm betting you have supportive friends/family/partner. That makes a big difference.

I do....I am drinking as much as I can tonite....reality will hit tomorrow.

Thanks all for allowing me to talk about this on the forum....it really helps...

Stay always positive. I believe in destiny. Therefore never be negative because future is so unsure! You will be ok again!

Sry, I dont know what my ordernumber is. But my request to ED was to be one of the last - reason is that I dont need the Panda for dev. right now and Panda-dev should get their device before me; besides software matures during waiting :p ;) .

authoreyes said:
I do....I am drinking as much as I can tonite....reality will hit tomorrow.

Thanks all for allowing me to talk about this on the forum....it really helps...

No problem. If you ever need to talk about it to someone, just PM me.

So sorry to hear this. Stay positive as much as possible and remember if you beat it once you can do it again!!! I'm at the end of the line, 3500+, but if I could trade with you I would.

I am sorry to hear of the bad news you got but like gruso said the power of positive thought will get you right through it so stay strong minded ,i hope OPT-Craig can send you YOUR pandora soon as,if he cant then you can have mine and that is a proimise,i love my pandora but i can wait ,i do not mind waiting but i do know how you are feeling , we all have these problems that creep up on us in one form or another to test us to our limits so staying focused is the most important thing we can do,i am going through alot of tests right now for a stomach problem and it isn't easy but the ones you love who are with you keep you going.

Ill keep an eye on this post for the next few days to see whats happening.

I vote that Craig/Ed sends you one out ASAP.

I would start a poll, but who the hell would vote 'no?'.

Sorry to hear this. I am unsure of my future state of health as well. Unfortunately Im way back in the line (38xx or so). I wish you well.

SomeGuy99 said:
I vote that Craig/Ed sends you one out ASAP.

I would start a poll, but who the hell would vote 'no?'.

i agree,i think Craig could spare a pandora unit off of the end of the list that would be replenished before the entire first batch are finished ,who is going to make the poll so OPT can see ? authoreyes pm me if theres no joy within two days,and my panda is in good shape! so i don't think you will have any probs with it but one thing i should say is my left nub is a bit wonky,it works in the sense the nub hardware seems fine and it centres fine but well it doesn't calibrate very good at all but apart from that its all good.

:( I can imagine how you feel, as a really close friend and colleague of mine had cancer quite a few years ago.
I went from his testicles to the lung, to the brain and back to the lung... and guess what: He (and me) never gave up - and he's alive and feeling well without the cancer coming back for the last 6 years!

So yes - positive thinking does help a lot! And there's one good thing: Testicle cancer is one of those that can be cured the best - even if it spreads (as could be seen with my friend), you can fight it down.
Keep your head up - I know it'll work out fine for you! I'm pretty sure about that!

Did you order at my or Craigs Shop? If it was from my shop, I could send you a unit right away. Just send me a mail with your order number then.

EvilDragon said:
:( I can imagine how you feel, as a really close friend and colleague of mine had cancer quite a few years ago.
I went from his testicles to the lung, to the brain and back to the lung... and guess what: He (and me) never gave up - and he's alive and feeling well without the cancer coming back for the last 6 years!

So yes - positive thinking does help a lot! And there's one good thing: Testicle cancer is one of those that can be cured the best - even if it spreads (as could be seen with my friend), you can fight it down.
Keep your head up - I know it'll work out fine for you! I'm pretty sure about that!

Did you order at my or Craigs Shop? If it was from my shop, I could send you a unit right away. Just send me a mail with your order number then.

And Craig will give you exactly the same offer. Good work gentlemen.

my mum went through the whole operation/chemotherapy thing, that's some nasty shit but you gotta do it hey. My order number is 395-495, I'm willing to swap if that helps. Let me know and I'll PM jacquelyn for us.

Edit: best ninja ever. Good on ya Ed

Back