I've Canceled

EvilDragon said:
Not really, as it is known that craig currently is building the next units.
I wanted to work on HotFix 3, fix the mount.sh script to create mountpoints based on the name of the SD Card, answer tons of eMails (I'm about 2 weeks behind!), package more apps into PNDs, work on more visual novels, update the homepage (press news, etc.), etc.
It would be a good time to asking for HELP, right? ;)
Or is there a reason why you have to do all these things alone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
Hello apple, yes this is one of your customers, I was wondering how is assembly of the iPhone 4 going, did you receive all the components and are there any problems in the production?

What you wont tell us, i will never by a product of you again! :angry:

Hahahaha amazing :)

Bosbeetle said:
Hello apple, yes this is one of your customers, I was wondering how is assembly of the iPhone 4 going, did you receive all the components and are there any problems in the production?

What you wont tell us, i will never by a product of you again! :angry:

:)

And I bet they have more than 4000 preorders.

fusion_power said:
EvilDragon said:
I wanted to work on HotFix 3, fix the mount.sh script to create mountpoints based on the name of the SD Card, answer tons of eMails (I'm about 2 weeks behind!), package more apps into PNDs, work on more visual novels, update the homepage (press news, etc.), etc.
It would be a good time to asking for HELP, right? ;)
Or is there a reason why you have to do all these things alone?

Yeah, please answer my eMails :D

Well, anybody can work on the OS and provide any updates and patches :)
I saw some nice things in the I need Help (Bluetooth) and Software Hacks (3G Stick) that I will probably pick up for the next OS release.
And I'm not the only one, heck. I only do some small scripts and the HotFix PNDs - the main OS as well as drivers and hardcore things are mostly done by notaz, DJWillis and skeezix. There IS help here - but I have to play my part of the game :)

Last edited:
Maybe you should promote someone to be the PR person for OP on these forums... oh wait, that's Chip!
:p

EvilDragon said:
Yeah, please answer my eMails :D

Well, anybody can work on the OS and provide any updates and patches :)
I saw some nice things in the I need Help (Bluetooth) and Software Hacks (3G Stick) that I will probably pick up for the next OS release.
And I'm not the only one, heck. I only do some small scripts and the HotFix PNDs - the main OS as well as drivers and hardcore things are mostly done by notaz, DJWillis and skeezix. There IS help here - but I have to play my part of the game :)
Oh, I answered a gazillion Software releated Support E-Mails in my last job, I know how "enjoyable" this can be, especialy when the people don't know what they actual want. :lol: They thought I can read minds and thell them what they want, or they wrote incredible detailed stuff like "It doesn't work, what do I wrong". "Funny" times I had. The Problem often sits behind the Desk and I often was close to write: RTFM! instead of an detailed answer. ;)

Yes, many other people work onto the Pandora but I just meant the things you listed that you do. ^^"

quartercast said:
Maybe you should promote someone to be the PR person for OP on these forums... oh wait, that's Chip!
:p
Is he still alive? Haven't seen him here in ages.

EvilDragon said:
Nailz said:
As for the comments about the OPT wasting their time answering all these posts instead of being able to work.... ummm, what? Doesn't sound like they are working on anything at the moment, wasn't that the whole point of these posts, is to find out what is happening?

Things I didn't even really start yet, as those threads did cost my time... so yeah, we ARE working on something.

You see, that is a PERFECT post!

1. Working on Hotfix 3
2. Fix the mount.sh script
3. package apps into PNDs
4. UPDATE THE HOMEPAGE!!! <<<< Nice!
5. Craig is building next units

I wasn't aware of any of this, it isn't in the home page anywhere (last blog update is 8 days old), it may be spread throughout 20 other post here in the forums. That is a perfect post, I bet it took under 2 minutes to type and you were done. Thanks for the update ED! Do this once a day and I would be satisfied as I am sure others would be as well...

Titcher said:
People chill out. Craigix is using a bit of British humour.

I'm British, so I got it... but it can be meant the serious way too.

Titcher said:

Sorry, I'm not British. I don't get it, but I guess its time to get out of here when you start to see all as negativity.

dsleaf67 said:
Titcher said:

Sorry, I'm not British. I don't get it, but I guess its time to get out of here when you start to see all as negativity.
Its a quote from the film Withnail & I . Great British film . I got it and yes I am British!

So, I figure since this is the most recent rant thread, I would take this opportunity to vent a little frustration:
Why the hell is it taking so f**king long to receive all of the other components? The build speed was fine, OPT's handling of the deliveries was fine... what isn't fine is the distinct lack of cases, boards and all of the other crap we need.

Supposedly the case factory can churn out a lot of products in one day. I get the feeling that the only reason that we are always waiting is because we are getting lower priority. Just a few days would be all that it takes to finish all of the batch's cases. How the hell are they getting away with this?

There, rant over.

Don't think that I don't appreiciate what you've done Craig, ED, Fatih and MWestern- I love you guys and I know that you are doing all that you can- but this whole factory issue is testing my patience. If I could kick anyone in the world in their most sensitive area over the internet, the PR person at that place would be my choice.

Gripper01 said:
dsleaf67 said:
Titcher said:

Its a quote from the film Withnail & I . Great British film . I got it and yes I am British!

Perhaps we all just need a Camberwell Carrot... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PObknmaH9po

Oh, and...

"Bastard must have died" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0GyV1Bpk0

Back