I've Canceled

CoLD SToRAGE said:
Gripper01 said:
dsleaf67 said:
Titcher said:
People chill out. Craigix is using a bit of British humour.

Sorry, I'm not British. I don't get it[...]
Oh, and...

"Bastard must have died" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0GyV1Bpk0

I think the best way to get into a brit humour mindset about life and death is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkxCHybM6Ek

Last edited by a moderator:
Moxie said:
CoLD SToRAGE said:
Gripper01 said:
dsleaf67 said:
Titcher said:
People chill out. Craigix is using a bit of British humour.

Sorry, I'm not British. I don't get it[...]
Oh, and...

"Bastard must have died" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0GyV1Bpk0

I think the best way to get into a brit humour mindset about life and death is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkxCHybM6Ek

On the theme of Withnail, this is a bit scary... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAfMN1NNAaQ

Hi ED :)
EvilDragon said:
Yeah, please answer my eMails :D

Well, anybody can work on the OS and provide any updates and patches :)
I saw some nice things in the I need Help (Bluetooth) and Software Hacks (3G Stick) that I will probably pick up for the next OS release.
And I'm not the only one, heck. I only do some small scripts and the HotFix PNDs - the main OS as well as drivers and hardcore things are mostly done by notaz, DJWillis and skeezix. There IS help here - but I have to play my part of the game :)
As soon as I have my Pandora, I'll do my best to contribute some little things to the Community: I'm quite good with the shell scripts, I know some Perl, and I LOVE hunting bugs :)
I know how to compile stuff out of sources, so I'll try to port things right on the Pandora and share some nice PNDs !
I realize that I contributed very little over the years, some beta testing, some levels here and there, some donations too, but many more useless posts and unproductive criticisms :(
PLEASE FORGIVE ME !
Bye, Magic Sam

fearofshorts said:
Supposedly the case factory can churn out a lot of products in one day. I get the feeling that the only reason that we are always waiting is because we are getting lower priority. Just a few days would be all that it takes to finish all of the batch's cases. How the hell are they getting away with this?
Personally, I'm not too worried about the case factory. They've got a consistent track record of dragging their heels and then suddenly spurting off a bunch of stuff. It'll take a month before they actually get started, but when they do, it'll all be done in a week (or something).
The board manufacturer, on the other hand, worries me. This isn't some Chinese no-communication factory. They're English speaking (or as English as Texan can be) easily accessible. Last we heard, they were working on the boards. They could "only" do 500 a week, but they were working on improving that so they could pump them out faster. What was that? 7 weeks ago? They didn't need any improvements to the jig, if they'd just kept up 500 a week all the boards would have shipped by now. But they haven't, another 800 has only just landed in the UK, 800 which we were told were actually finished almost 7 weeks ago.
So Chinese factory drags heels, this was known and expected. Texas factory dragging heels is entirely knew and rant worthy.
Rant over.

WizardStan said:
The board manufacturer, on the other hand, worries me. This isn't some Chinese no-communication factory. They're English speaking (or as English as Texan can be) easily accessible.

I'd like to see OP try and use the old "lost in translation" excuse with the Texans!

I'd like to see OP try and use the old "lost in translation" excuse with the Texans!

Yall heet thart theer Peandory hi-tem, wee'sa hittin thart theer meetul ter thart theer max, hammin awa lark a gudun, n wee's ganna git bak tu yuz asap

HA!, translate THAT! :p

What I think is odd is this mass of "I cancelled" posts now that the things are actually shipping out. I don't get it. There was tons of time to get fed up and cancel, why are so many people only doing it when the whole thing is starting to become a reality?

Someone do a sociological study of this phenomena, stat!

Eniko said:
What I think is odd is this mass of "I cancelled" posts now that the things are actually shipping out. I don't get it. There was tons of time to get fed up and cancel, why are so many people only doing it when the whole thing is starting to become a reality?

Sometimes the fantasy is better than the reality. In part, I think that the anticipation gets to be so great that the real device can be a sort of let down. Also, if the OP team could have churned out all 4000 at once, it would be less of a problem. At this point, there are still some potential problems with getting accurate information from the Chinese company about the cases and their expected delivery, so that some people have the Pandora but a lot of people don't know how long they'll still have to wait.

I'm not quite sure why people feel the need to tell us that they're canceling on the forums. I can understand if someone has been an active poster with 2000 posts would want to let people know, but otherwise, it's maybe more to express 'no hard feelings' and whatnot.

I'm still very excited about the Pandora, personally. And I think anyone really interested in portable emulated games will be looking at a later point to see whether they can just order a Pandora that they know is already made and ready to ship. It is rather difficult to keep up interest in a piece of electronics for over a year.

Eniko said:
I think it was more than that. At least 5!

Waiting is the most unbearable the closer you get. Think of Christmas when you were a kid. Did you sleep that night?

SomeGuy99 said:
Waiting is the most unbearable the closer you get. Think of Christmas when you were a kid. Did you sleep that night?
Given the fact that progress depends on the Chinese factory again, I think your comparison with Christmas might not even be that far off.

SomeGuy99 said:
Eniko said:
I think it was more than that. At least 5!

It's true. I ordered on day 1 and didn't use these forums for over a year. Now the unit's are shipping, I'm on it multiple times a day and I'm checking my email every 10 minutes, even though a few hundred people who ordered before me haven't got theirs yet. It's an obsession... a very frustrating one, as I wish I could just forget about it so one day the email will pop in my inbox without me stressing about it each day XD;

I'm not cancelling though, the Pandora looks amazing. I don't even have an MP3 Player as I'm waiting for the Pandora, I'm having to borrow my girlfriend's old Sony one instead! I'll be happy the day I get my Pandora and can stop using Sonicstage. It's worse than iTunes.

[quote name='Barnaby' date='16 June 2010 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1276723521']Now the unit's are shipping, I'm on it multiple times a day and I'm checking my email every 10 minutes, even though a few hundred people who ordered before me haven't got theirs yet. It's an obsession... a very frustrating one, as I wish I could just forget about it so one day the email will pop in my inbox without me stressing about it each day XD;
[/quote]
I've been having that for about a year and a half now :)

i do find it funny that these people who waited over two years are giving up because of a two month wait. how did they make it the two years?

sryidc said:
i do find it funny that these people who waited over two years are giving up because of a two month wait. how did they make it the two years?

I don't quite get it either... I ordered a Pandora to be able to play old games. It's not like it's getting less good at playing those games as time goes on... :huh:
I guess some did order it as more of a UMPC, though.

Eniko said:

I daresay the phenomenon is exacerbated to an extent by the increasing insanity prevalent on this forum these days. Even I would not presume to declare immunity.

Barnaby said:
I don't even have an MP3 Player as I'm waiting for the Pandora, I'm having to borrow my girlfriend's old Sony one instead! I'll be happy the day I get my Pandora and can stop using Sonicstage. It's worse than iTunes.

Heh. I bought an Ipod Shuffle specifically for use with my Pandora. I can sync it right from the Pandora itself, no Itunes needed (check the guide in my sig).

Eniko said:

Well a lot of people decided on their cut off point waaaaaaaay back! If we're basing it on finally nearing completion then this isn't the first time that it is supposed to become reality. Anything could still happen (as always and probably will based on the past bad luck of the team) even though a miniority have already received their pandoras.

You could look at it like share dealing. You decided on how much you want to invest or potentially lose and you gotta stick with it :)

I recall Jumpman stating that his cut-off point was July. I wonder if he will stick with his order :)

sryidc said:

Do you really believe it will be only two more months before the first batch is finished?

Back