A Status Update/video Tour Of My Pandora

really really really (did i say really?) nice video. you might want to remove your address at the beginning...

i hope my pandora arrives soon (2 months or so)

Would it be possible to see Wing Commander on Dos Box?

The original version that used a form of sprite scaling not the latest versions with full FMV.

Many thanks

Ian

This is one of the best Pandora videos yet. It's wonderful to hear your enthusiasm. This is why I'm here. Great community, great device. I can't wait!

authoreyes said:
And EvilDragon, I teared up describing you to my wife. You seem like such an amazing, compassionate person. I hope to buy you a beer in person one day, as well as you Mali :) . I was supposed to travel to Italy/Germany/etc in Sept if it wasn't for the illness...just have to wait a bit longer I guess....

Awwww, I'm just a normal guy like so many others in this whole wide world.

But you can be sure you can come and visit me anytime (of course, anyone coming near my area is welcome, too :)).
So... I expect you soon after everything worked out fine for you :D

Last edited:
Many thanks for the video - everything you showed looks great, quick question does all the emu have to be windowed or can it be stretched/scaled to full screen without a significant degredation in quality?.

Wishing you the very best for your treatment, and a speedy convalescence.

Here is the next video with several requests (and more) from the community.

Before that, I figured I'd give a health update. Had a scary meeting with the oncologist yesterday, learning all the details of what lie ahead. I start chemo in a week, and its a full time job. 8 hours a day for 3 weeks, 5 days a week, then once a week for 7 more weeks. Man, I gotta say, I am really scared. Next week is filled with PET scans, and MRI's and other tests. Truly sucks. Sorry, just had to vent :)

On to the video - it's a long'un, like 25 minutes with many games. Mali, I must apologize as I am an idiot. The chromium test is at the end, and it seemed pretty slow. Wasn't sure why. After I edited the video, I remembered my other laptop is grabbing a few tv show torrents...D'oh! So, take it with a grain of salt - it usually performs about doubly as fast as the video shows.

Hopefully, enjoy.

See the second part here

Another great video! Thanks for filling my request. :)

Also, Commander Keen 4 is a great game, you should definitely give it a shot (all of them are good, but 4 is my favorite). It'll be more fun when you learn all the controls, I'm sure. :)

PS. Seeing X-Wing run on a handheld in any capacity is just awesome. :D

Man this really shows what the Pandora is capable of.

Wing Commander looked so good, many thanks for this, much appreciated.

Now can't wait for any more you post.

All the best

Ian

Back