A Special Request

Get that man a Pandora ASAP. My queue position would be no good for you, since I am Mr. Loonie-come-lately, but I can sure as hell take a one-position shift down the queue for this.

Dammit, it really pisses me off that we can seem to find billions upon billions to develop gargantuan amounts of military crap, billions more to build them, then billions more to blow the shit out of somewhere with them, but when it comes to shit like this, the researchers have to go scrounging around and hope they can afford a second petridish. What the hell is wrong with this species and its priorities?

Anyway, rant over. For now. Good luck to you.

Someone posted an "I have cancer, can I have Pandora now?" thread a few months ago that made me very, very upset, but this one doesn't. Can anyone help me find that thread so I can remember what about it made me so angry that is different with this one?

WizardStan said:
Someone posted an "I have cancer, can I have Pandora now?" thread a few months ago that made me very, very upset, but this one doesn't. Can anyone help me find that thread so I can remember what about it made me so angry that is different with this one?
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50894-developers-getting-pandaras-before-the-customers/ ?

Cancer starts here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50894-developers-getting-pandaras-before-the-customers/page__view__findpost__p__785126

Edit: Sorry to hear about that authoreyes. Best wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry WizardStan,

I promise my intention was not to make anyone mad...Basically, I got home last night in a daze and started to think of ways to cope with the next few weeks. Since I didn't imagine I would have fun sitting at my desktop (and since this board is really the only thing I follow), I figured I'd ask to see if it was possible to get my pandora a bit early. If not, I wasn't too far off in the queue. It was just an attempt. I didn't mean to put anyone/anything in an uncomfortable position.

That wasn't exactly the thread that I was thinking of, the one I blew up in, but it definitely contributed. Now I remember why I was upset: "I have cancer, give me Pandora! It's the only thing that will keep me alive!"

Thanks for facing your problem with bravery and dignity, authoreyes! I lost a coworker and close friend to cancer a couple years back, and the one thing he never did, even with his eyes swollen shut and barely able to talk, was to ask for sympathy.

edit: to reiterate, I wasn't upset with you. This Gerald character had also said he had cancer and I had gotten really upset over his posts, but couldn't remember why. It was especially disconcerting when I didn't find fault in your post. Then I reread some of his posts and the anger all came back.
The difference was that he was a whiny dick trying to use his disease as a sympathy card and getting upset when it wasn't working, and may not even have had cancer. You aren't complaining, you're just making a request. Respect, mate.

The Gerald, Jaguar, Silent One(I'm sure I forgot a few names) story was a tough thing to handle, let's not mix it into this, please.

I wish you good luck authoreyes. Stay strong.
And I hope you can enjoy your Pandora soon.

Ugh cancer sucks. I lost at least three family members that I know of (including my father) to cancer. An acquaintance is currently undergoing chemo as well.

Please don't give up. Luckily, not all forms of cancer are equal. I wish you all the best.

That being said, I see no reason why this should move you up in the queue. It's a free the choice of community members to swap position with you and it is commendable that people are willing to do so. But I fear that if the OP team grants you this request that there will be a sudden outbreak of diseases from assholes who want to benefit from your misery.

Caine said:
That being said, I see no reason why this should move you up in the queue. It's a free the choice of community members to swap position with you and it is commendable that people are willing to do so. But I fear that if the OP team grants you this request that there will be a sudden outbreak of diseases from assholes who want to benefit from your misery.

I completely agree.

I realize you guys don't know me. Being someone currently forced to face my mortality, I really can't fathom that someone would lie about having a life threatening illness to prosper for a $330 device. Granted, it means the world to many of us, myself included, but I have to believe a person who would stoop to those levels would be in for some sort of karmic hell.

I will document my fight at my site, contribute home brew games/apps back to the community, and help anyone else in need in any way I can. One huge benefit of dealing with a small, close knit group of people is the mom and pop facet of humanity. It is not a cold, sterile corporate machine. Look at this: People who don't even know me are willing to help. And I vow to somehow reciprocate.

Sorry to do this, but here is a link to my 2004 surgery. I love this community and I really don't want anyone to be resentful of me. Please give me the chance to make it up in the next months.

What a guy.

ace2.gif

authoreyes said:
Sorry to do this, but here is a link to my 2004 surgery. I love this community and I really don't want anyone to be resentful of me. Please give me the chance to make it up in the next months.
Mmm. Cookies are good [ spam word ].

Edit: ridiculous spam filter strikes again.

authoreyes said:
Thank you all so much for everything....I literally have tears in my eyes...

Michael, Craig, Jacquelyn have been amazing and they have offered to ship me one this week. To everyone who offered, I have a deal. How about we make this one I am receiving the "good health" pandora? Once I get better, I can ship it to someone in need, and I will buy another one. I will make up the kindness you people have shown.

The hospital called, and I will be going for my biopsy tomorrow. I will keep everyone informed.

Glad to hear about you getting a Pandora. :) Good luck tomorrow.

-God Ginrai

Back