A Status Update/video Tour Of My Pandora

authoreyes

Website
www.markandmarina.com
I received my Pandora last week, but I also had my biopsy, so I haven't been in a great state mentally to really think about much. My seminoma testicular cancer has returned, and I will begin chemo treatments soon (meeting with oncologist tomorrow to determine course of action).

I wanted to film some things, to share some of the bits of joy I have been able to glean from my calmer moments...

When I have been with my Pandora, I have spent so much time organizing/configuring/etc, that I really haven't played too much yet. That, and I have been trying to do outside activities to keep my mind a bit voyaging.

Anyways, here is a video....It's fairly long, jumping around several different emulators. There is so much to try that I have not even scratched the surface. But, here is something.

I have to say, this thing is beyond amazing. Really. It is what I had always hoped it would be. I can't think of anything I could/would improve upon, aside from the latent performance tweaks that just take time.

The people involved in this project are really special...I really don't think in this climate of instant gratification we really appreciate people who take the time to do things right. I can only imagine the sense of pride they feel. I know I would. I swear, if they ever need help to start a future venture, I would help them without a second though. All, I owe you. And EvilDragon, I teared up describing you to my wife. You seem like such an amazing, compassionate person. I hope to buy you a beer in person one day, as well as you Mali :) . I was supposed to travel to Italy/Germany/etc in Sept if it wasn't for the illness...just have to wait a bit longer I guess....

If anyone has any video requests, please feel free...making videos occupies my mind and makes me happy to contribute...I need to get my app compiling on the Pandy as well.

Without further adieu, another pandy video...
http://www.vimeo.com/12924981

Glad you've got this to keep your mind occupied. The simple act of including a note from the Pandora ladies with well-wishes was pretty touching -- this community really is something special. I hope it all works out for you. :)

PS. Great video. I certainly wouldn't mind to see more. :)

Watched through the whole clip. Nice seeing some games I've never heard of :)

authoreyes said:
Of course all, would be glad to do more....So much to try...any requests are welcome...

Since you asked... I'd love to see Commander Keen 4 running in DosBox! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for this video :) The first few minutes were barely visible because the tears in my eyes diffused too much. Diablo and Defender Of The Crown are absolute highlights I'm looking forward to play :)

We will be on your side, think of you and accompany you through your suffering :)
(I hope I wrote something that heads in the direction I feel, it's hard to write something like this in a foreign language. I deleted most of my post. The most important is still there, though.)

mali said:
We will be on your side, think of you and accompany you through your suffering :)
(I hope I wrote something that heads in the direction I feel, it's hard to write something like this in a foreign language. I deleted most of my post. The most important is still there, though.)

Thank you, and I did get the message :)

I have several days before chemo, so I am going to try to make several more vids...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Video, the best yet I think, thank you. Excellent varied mix of games too. Diablo looks fantastic, I haven't tried that out yet, hope the sound bug gets sorted. Speedy recovery my friend! :)

If possible, I'd like to request a video showing Chromium's performance. Loading Engadget and posting on gp32x would be cool :)

Our thoughts and well wishes are with you always...
I am proud to be apart of this community and this Pandora Project.
Its moments like these that frankly... out shine all the crap that trolls and vaporware twats throw at it on a daily basis.

I love my Pandora and would always advocate for this device to go main stream someday, Or at least take a good chunk of the niche gaming market.
Great Video.
God Bless!
TB

Nice video. That note was touching. If you're looking for more things to make videos of, I wouldn't mind seeing a video of a C&C game in Dosbox. (if it can handle it)

-God Ginrai

Thanks for the really well made video. I hope you speedy recovery!

Thanks all, and yup, that's 10th frame!

I realize I shot a bunch more clips like beachead 2, beyond the forbidden forest, gfl football, etc, that I didn't add....more to do tomorrow...

Thank you so much for this video. I really appreciate the effort you have put into showing us a whole range of games with your commentary and recommendations. I am very happy that the pandora team was able to get this to you now. Best wishes for a very speedy recovery.

Back