Paper Wars

traylorpark said:
Hey Fusion! Yeah, these are the final colors, save for some slight hue adjustment if I feel like its needed. What do you think? Also, if you have an questions about Blender, send me a PM! Id be glad to help you out!
Well, I'm not sure about the purple but as long as it helps to make the Units better visible, it's OK I think. ^^ Same for the Mountains but I guess you already have tested that the Mountains don't block the camera view in any angle. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, this i want to listen: for sure a caanoo version, the first planned of course :)
maybe a piss... pandora version, with bigger resolution and no g-sensor and vibration :p

kayuz said:
yes, this i want to listen: for sure a caanoo version, the first planned of course :)
maybe a piss... pandora version, with bigger resolution and no g-sensor and vibration :p
well gsensor and vibration are rather minor features and dont make the game really better.

and please, i dont want to see any side-kicks to the pandora here in this thread; peter and i are going to support as many handhelds as possible; i feel it's against the open-ness of the handhelds ranting about them without any real reason ...

At the moment, you seem to be the only team, not only developing "alongside" for the Caanoo and for that case, there are a lot of expectations. As your game is such a beauty in design, look and playability the anticipation of new content is overwhelming, sometimes. Please forgive the impatience of the community.

Hey ya'll, the map is finally "done" (save for some basic details that I'll get to later)
And is now playable in game ;)

Brace for a new build ... 'tis on the horizon.

mountains_ingame.png

Looks great. :)
The Map seems to be pretty big. I hope it works good with the 3-moves-only-rule of the game. Even the old, small map had some lenghts there, at least with my way to play the game. ^^"

fusion_power said:
The Map seems to be pretty big. I hope it works good wit hthe 3-moves-ponly-rule of the game. Even the old, small map had some lenghts there, at least with my way to play the game. ^^"

That's a great note Fusion. I'll detail this more later, but there are some additions that we've given to the units that make a map of this size possible. In fact, larger maps are even possible now (though would be hell to make).

The game doesn't have a slow start any more. It moves fast, and fluid!

traylorpark said:
fusion_power said:
The Map seems to be pretty big. I hope it works good wit hthe 3-moves-ponly-rule of the game. Even the old, small map had some lenghts there, at least with my way to play the game. ^^"

That's a great note Fusion. I'll detail this more later, but there are some additions that we've given to the units that make a map of this size possible. In fact, larger maps are even possible now (though would be hell to make).

I'm liking the sound of that :)

traylorpark said:

This indeed sounds good. On the first Beta, it actualy wasn't only the map size itself that made the gameplay feel slow. It was the pretty unresponsive touchscreen control why it took so long to move units. I remember, I nearly had to ramm the Stylus through the Screen until the units reacted. :D
If this is fixed, the "fast and fluid" feeling should come from alone, Im sure. :) However, the technical Performance of the game already was great, no slowdowns from there.

Darkknight512 said:
Lookin good, any other new stuff like new units or mechanics?

the game was meant to have only 3 units, cause at the very beginning it should have been as simple as the "rock paper scissor" game :)

the units have new abilities, helping the game to speed up; but i think traylorpark mentioned to explain that in detail.

crow_riot said:
but i think traylorpark mentioned to explain that in detail.

I'll do one of em' video cast things.

Hey ya'll just a quick note ... we've launched a website for the and for Crow and I. Of course we will continue updating here, but there will always be some nice stuff to find there too. Currently, no knew REAL information, but that's coming!

FullBanner1_whiteAdjust.jpg
riotandpark.com

Back