Sales PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED

NeitherFanboy said:
I don't understand the level of frustration over payment. Yes, payment was a SNAFU -- I got caught in the Paypal mess too. But as long as my place in the preorder list is secure, what difference does it make if I pay for my Pandora this week or next week or even the day before they actually ship it? If you really want a Pandora, what is important is that you will end up getting a Pandora, not how long it took to pay for it. The mess is unfortunate, but it wouldn't dissuade me from getting a Pandora, that's for sure.
I agree. If anything, this is a blessing in disguise as it gives those of us that want to re-pre-order with a debit/credit card more time to decide whether or not they want a Pandora from the first batch (and gives more time for more Pandora media to be released to convince them one way or the other).

TaG said:
sortableturnip said:
TaG said:
@xGunCrazyx & others waiting: If the statement is that your place in line is held and they will eventually put up a link to take your money I wouldn't worry just wait. You keep the cash a little longer and you can be sure they will want to take the money at some stage.

I do agree that a post from craigix or someone would be welcome. I don't like the fact that all this is being aired in public and could potentially affect future sales, which in turn affects the overall size of the community and longevity of the product.
Not to be rude to you, but, people have a right to complain and people also have a right to know what's going on. If everyone kept it "private", how would you now if the company was reputable?

I'm going to be selling my old laptop (Inspiron 1520) to put together enough cash for the Asus N10J. If there's enough left over and I actually get a email from Jacqueline that I can order the p&|a I may consider it. Right now, I'm not going to send a money order overseas or pay the extra $$ for a bank transfer when I don't know that much about the company. I want to make sure that, if something were to happen and I don't get my p&|a after payment, that I can dispute it and get my money back.
Not to be rude back, but the point was xGunCrazyx was told his place in line would be kept and they would put the link back. Given that they do take credit cards, and did for the pre-order, it sounds like it is just a case of them being able to sort it without enabling others to try and sneak in.

And you missed the point about the airing in public - I don't want people to keep quiet; I am saying that it would be beneficial for openpandora to either sort something or make a statement if possible because all these posts do not help their business or customers.

Also, there have been times when people have come onto the forum to ask questions before just responding to their confirmation email. Trying to send from a different email address could also help to avoid spam filters.

I did miss the point there. Prob just blinded by frustration, more or less. We're both trying to make the same point, just from different sides of it. We both agree that this hurts the company's reputation by not resolving it in a timely fashion. Remember that GunCrazy did get a email back from them but some people (myself included) have not heard back from them at all.

sortableturnip said:
I did miss the point there. Prob just blinded by frustration, more or less. We're both trying to make the same point, just from different sides of it. We both agree that this hurts the company's reputation by not resolving it in a timely fashion. Remember that GunCrazy did get a email back from them but some people (myself included) have not heard back from them at all.
Good - so we cool. :)

Have you tried sending them an email from a different email address in case it is getting blocked by the spam filter?

TaG said:
Have you tried sending them an email from a different email address in case it is getting blocked by the spam filter?

I tried it according to your advice in another thread (No answer from openpandorasales@...). And .. it works! :D
I received response during less than 24 hours ... So i made wire transfer and my Pandora :oops: should be prepayed, I hope :)

ED: Sorry it wasnt your advice but advice from SteveM and Pandorous ... appologize me boys :wink:

TaG said:
sortableturnip said:

After I received my $$ back from paypal, I've sent 2 emails via hotmail to openpandorasales@gmail.com with no response. I was getting responses without a problem from Jacqueline from that same email address prior to that.

sortableturnip said:
TaG said:
sortableturnip said:

After I received my $$ back from paypal, I've sent 2 emails via hotmail to openpandorasales@gmail.com with no response. I was getting responses without a problem from Jacqueline from that same email address prior to that.

Have you tried another email address? Even a throwaway gmail account might be worth a try (I contacted them via gmail a few times, no trouble at all).

D.

Dunny said:
sortableturnip said:
Have you tried another email address? Even a throwaway gmail account might be worth a try (I contacted them via gmail a few times, no trouble at all).

D.
@sortableturnip: Although it has worked, what have you to lose by trying gmail or a work email or whatever? You might just strike it lucky for 5 minutes effort. Whatever, hope you get it sorted.

xGunCrazyx said:
has anybody tried calling them at all?
I would, but it would probably cost me a bit considering I'm over here in the US...

Provided you want to call a wired phone, a call from Germany to the USA costs only 1,7 eurocent/minute at my VoIP provider (Germany->GB 2,5), even the German Telekom (that pink company that unfortunately also spread to the USA as "T-Mobile") finally managed to lower their fees to 2,9 eurocent/minute (in new contracts). I can't imagine it's that more expensive to call from the USA. Even if it is, you may take a look at a phone gateway like that provided by Skype. (I suppose they could be even cheaper since they use own gateways?)

If you don't get a mail through, a phone call may be the best workaround. ;) (Or did they announce instant messenger accounts somewhere?)

Back