Sales PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED

I'm in the same boat because I didn't see the paypal refund email for a few days(I accidentally put it in the wrong folder before reading it or something like that). Hopefully the order link will be put up again. As I said in my other post- I'm sure everything will work out fine but I don't really like having the money floating around..

I believe if you want to pay via debit card you'll be able to:

I will email you when you can place your order via our website. Your order
is guaranteed in the same queue position as your original Paypal order.

Well, I emailed Jacqueline on Thursday, October 16th, requesting information to re-order my Pandora and....no response. This is just unacceptable. What if I had a problem with my Pandora and didn't receive a response to my tech email for 4 days??? Sorry, but that was the last straw for me. I will not be re-ordering my Pandora. I've decided to invest my money on an Asus N10J. It may not be as sexy or as portable as the Pandora, but I should be able to do all of the same things on it.

sortableturnip said:
Well, I emailed Jacqueline on Thursday, October 16th, requesting information to re-order my Pandora and....no response. This is just unacceptable. What if I had a problem with my Pandora and didn't receive a response to my tech email for 4 days??? Sorry, but that was the last straw for me. I will not be re-ordering my Pandora. I've decided to invest my money on an Asus N10J. It may not be as sexy or as portable as the Pandora, but I should be able to do all of the same things on it.
perfectly reasonable, and I assume people like guncrazy will follow.
can't say i didnt see this coming

PoisonedV said:
sortableturnip said:

You knew in advance that sortableturnip would cancel his preorder? Maybe you've found yourself a new profession.

I ought to cancel right now to ensure your predicktion is correct. Those paypal n00bsh!!!1!!!1!

sortableturnip said:
Do they usually only answer e-mails on business days (M-F)? If so, then it isn't too out of the ordinary to have not received a response yet.

I'm quite sure there are plenty of people wanting your spot in the queue if you don't want the Pandora any more...

Etinin said:
I'm quite sure there are plenty of people wanting your spot in the queue if you don't want the Pandora any more...

I'm quite sure there are people willing to take that spot. However, How many customers are they going to lose because of this debacle?

Azure said:
sortableturnip said:
Do they usually only answer e-mails on business days (M-F)? If so, then it isn't too out of the ordinary to have not received a response yet.

Point taken, however, this is the launch of a new product. You have very few customers (about 4000) for the first launch of this new product. Is there really THAT much that she is doing, especially considering that when this paypal issue came to light, I was getting responses within hours?

sortableturnip said:
Etinin said:

I'm quite sure there are people willing to take that spot. However, How many customers are they going to lose because of this debacle?

Out of the 3,800 people that ordered, I'd suppose that they potentially could lose maybe about 100 of them - of those, I don't know how many have managed to use a proper money-service to secure their pre-order. Not many people persisted with paypal orders, and there were plenty of warnings on the forum about how poor a service they are. Granted, the forums went down pretty quick, so people couldn't search and be warned though. Mind you, a lot of people were following the forums prior to pre-ordering, which may account for the relatively low take-up on the paypal option.

However, in future it's not likely there will be a paypal option after this. That should help in the long run. Unless it's your only method of payment. But then, who would be stupid enough to use paypal exclusively?

D.

PoisonedV said:
sortableturnip said:

Funny you should say that, I spent a lot of time last night checking out Asus Eee's and MSI Wind's last night on Newegg (Can't decide which is better lol)
If this crap isn't figured out by this week, I will probably end up spending my money elsewhere

It's a shame, because I really wanted to enter the world of open source with my Pandora...
I doubt I'll ever try going through the hassle of ordering through gbax.com again though
Hopefully there will be other distributors of the Pandora, so I can actually purchase one without it being a HUGE pain in the ass
Considering it's not that big of a product though, the chances of that are slim

Again, I wish somebody like craig could provide more information here about why the link is missing, and how long we will have to wait to order via Credit/Debit again
The lack of communication is one of the biggest problems with this in my opinion
I know they are busy with other things, but I wish they could at least take a little time out of their day to explain things to their customers
I guess this has to do with the lack of business experience these guys have...
Pandora will be a great product, but so far it has been a terrible purchasing experience for me (and many others I would think)
As I said earlier, this is probably the last time I will even try dealing with gbax.com...

Edit: Looking at this post again, I'm repeating myself a whole bunch here lol
I just don't know what else to say about the situation though <_<

xGunCrazyx said:
PoisonedV said:
sortableturnip said:

Funny you should say that, I spent a lot of time last night checking out Asus Eee's and MSI Wind's last night on Newegg (Can't decide which is better lol)
If this crap isn't figured out by this week, I will probably end up spending my money elsewhere

It's a shame, because I really wanted to enter the world of open source with my Pandora...
I doubt I'll ever try going through the hassle of ordering through gbax.com again though
Hopefully there will be other distributors of the Pandora, so I can actually purchase one without it being a HUGE pain in the ass
Considering it's not that big of a product though, the chances of that are slim

Again, I wish somebody like craig could provide more information here about why the link is missing, and how long we will have to wait to order via Credit/Debit again
The lack of communication is one of the biggest problems with this in my opinion
I know they are busy with other things, but I wish they could at least take a little time out of their day to explain things to their customers
Pandora will be a great product, but so far it has been a terrible purchasing experience for me (and many others I would think)
As I said earlier, this is probably the last time I will even try dealing with gbax.com...

Edit: Looking at this post again, I'm repeating myself a whole bunch here lol
I just don't know what else to say about the situation though <_<

If you do decide to purchase a 10" Atom based notebook, get the Asus N10J. It's the only laptop that size that has a dedicated graphics card (GeForce 9300m). Granted it isn't the best card, but it should do fine for emulation.

I agree, the lack of communication is a killer. It's now Monday afternoon and I still haven't heard a thing.

xGunCrazyx said:
These guys have plenty of business experience. Pandora is a new project, but GBAX isn't a new business.

Haven't you been given your options? Bank transfer or money order, it's not the end of the world. The link is missing BECAUSE PREORDERS ARE CLOSED. They're not going to put the link back up just for you, because more orders will start rolling in from the public.

Granted, another forum update from Craig wouldn't hurt. But if you've already been given alternate payment options and you're still complaining on the forums, then sorry, but you're just being a squeaky wheel.

Gruso said:
xGunCrazyx said:
These guys have plenty of business experience. Pandora is a new project, but GBAX isn't a new business.

Haven't you been given your options? Bank transfer or money order, it's not the end of the world. The link is missing BECAUSE PREORDERS ARE CLOSED. They're not going to put the link back up just for you, because more orders will start rolling in from the public.

Granted, another forum update from Craig wouldn't hurt. But if you've already been given alternate payment options and you're still complaining on the forums, then sorry, but you're just being a squeaky wheel.
Actually, according to Jacquelyn you'll be able to re-pre-order through their website once it goes back up (whenever that will be). Until the website goes back up you just have to play the waiting game (your place in the queue will still be reserved).

BTW, though this isn't exactly the situation (but it was falsely proposed that this is the current situation), I personally think only giving your customer the option of paying via bank transfer or money order is worth complaining about. Money order and bank transfer are terrible payment methods when buying something online from a different country. I don't want to shell out that much extra $$ to pay via bank transfer, and I don't feel like sending a money order all the way to the UK. Besides, these aren't exactly the most secure payment methods when it comes to paying for a product that has yet to be manufactured (I'm not calling Craig & Co. scammers, but as a rule of thumb I never use relatively non-secure payment methods when purchasing anything online).

Thank you Azure...

I'm sorry Gruso, but I don't think I'm the only Paypal person who expected to repay via Credit/Debit...
As I mentioned earlier, and as Azure pointed out, the two options for repayment are terrible
One will cost me about $30-50 extra, and the other is just a terrible form of paying (If a money order got lost, you'd be without your money and Pandora lol)

The last I heard from Jacquelyn, the link was supposed to be up a week ago
It's still not up as of tonight...

As far as their business experience goes, if they were really all that experienced,
I would think they'd understand one of the most important things of business is to not make your product hard to purchase...
I want to give them money, and as of tonight, they still don't want it as far as I'm concerned

Shouldn't be any harder than providing me and others with a way to pay via Credit/Debit (whether it's providing a link on the website or via e-mail)

I'm sorry to sound like an asshole, but as I keep explaining, this is one of the worst purchasing experiences I've ever been through.
Each day I have to wait to give them money is another day I'm more reluctant to purchase the Pandora

(Checked out some Asus Eee's at my local Best Buy by the way, I don't think I like them that much lol. Keyboard is just way too tiny for touch typing :( )

Edit: Missed your post j.pickens :p
Last e-mail I received from Jacquelyn was on Thursday, when she pretty much said she'll contact me whenever they decide to accept Credit/Debit again...

@xGunCrazyx & others waiting: If the statement is that your place in line is held and they will eventually put up a link to take your money I wouldn't worry just wait. You keep the cash a little longer and you can be sure they will want to take the money at some stage.

I do agree that a post from craigix or someone would be welcome. I don't like the fact that all this is being aired in public and could potentially affect future sales, which in turn affects the overall size of the community and longevity of the product.

TaG said:
@xGunCrazyx & others waiting: If the statement is that your place in line is held and they will eventually put up a link to take your money I wouldn't worry just wait. You keep the cash a little longer and you can be sure they will want to take the money at some stage.

I do agree that a post from craigix or someone would be welcome. I don't like the fact that all this is being aired in public and could potentially affect future sales, which in turn affects the overall size of the community and longevity of the product.

Not to be rude to you, but, people have a right to complain and people also have a right to know what's going on. If everyone kept it "private", how would you now if the company was reputable?

I'm going to be selling my old laptop (Inspiron 1520) to put together enough cash for the Asus N10J. If there's enough left over and I actually get a email from Jacqueline that I can order the p&|a I may consider it. Right now, I'm not going to send a money order overseas or pay the extra $$ for a bank transfer when I don't know that much about the company. I want to make sure that, if something were to happen and I don't get my p&|a after payment, that I can dispute it and get my money back.

I don't understand the level of frustration over payment. Yes, payment was a SNAFU -- I got caught in the Paypal mess too. But as long as my place in the preorder list is secure, what difference does it make if I pay for my Pandora this week or next week or even the day before they actually ship it? If you really want a Pandora, what is important is that you will end up getting a Pandora, not how long it took to pay for it. The mess is unfortunate, but it wouldn't dissuade me from getting a Pandora, that's for sure.

sortableturnip said:
TaG said:

Not to be rude to you, but, people have a right to complain and people also have a right to know what's going on. If everyone kept it "private", how would you now if the company was reputable?

I'm going to be selling my old laptop (Inspiron 1520) to put together enough cash for the Asus N10J. If there's enough left over and I actually get a email from Jacqueline that I can order the p&|a I may consider it. Right now, I'm not going to send a money order overseas or pay the extra $$ for a bank transfer when I don't know that much about the company. I want to make sure that, if something were to happen and I don't get my p&|a after payment, that I can dispute it and get my money back.
Not to be rude back, but the point was xGunCrazyx was told his place in line would be kept and they would put the link back. Given that they do take credit cards, and did for the pre-order, it sounds like it is just a case of them being able to sort it without enabling others to try and sneak in.

And you missed the point about the airing in public - I don't want people to keep quiet; I am saying that it would be beneficial for openpandora to either sort something or make a statement if possible because all these posts do not help their business or customers.

Also, there have been times when people have come onto the forum to ask questions before just responding to their confirmation email. Trying to send from a different email address could also help to avoid spam filters.

Back