Sales PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED

craigix said:
They have frozen both accounts, however I think they will just refund it and the people effected can just pay another way, credit card, cheque, bank transfer, money order etc.

We will work it out, it only effects about 100 orders thank god!
So, I'm assuming those who paid via PayPal will still have their place in the queue reserved if they pay another way?

To those that have received a refund already for their order -- did you contact PayPal about when you'd receive your money back, or was it all automatic?

polkunus said:
This is bullshit, my father told me it was a scam... I convinced him it is not, how is he going to believe me now?
Your father was right - Paypal is a scam. There were multiple threads about how dangerously unreliable Paypal can be, especially when dealing with sudden surges of transactions. I don't want to say "I told you so", but I sorta did.

Yeah, when should we expect a refund of our money?
I'm still going to pre-order with my debit card, but it takes Paypal about 3-4 days to transfer money to my debit card
Hopefully we'll be able to re-order until next week or so
Man this is such a pain in the ass....

Azure said:
To those that have received a refund already for their order -- did you contact PayPal about when you'd receive your money back, or was it all automatic?

In my case EvilDragon had to cancel the payment manually on his side, but it works, I got my money back.

The orders are not cancelled automatically, PayPal just freezes the account so the owner can't transfer the money currently in the account to somewhere else. Each payment will probably have to be cancelled manually.

Craig, are you unable to cancel payments on your side? My bank account transaction history says that the money was withdrawn, but the payment hasn't shown up as cleared on paypal, and the deposit doesn't appear as cleared either.

Should I just call paypal support?

UPDATE: Called paypal support, they said to wait till the end of the day for the payment to be recognized since the withdrawal from my bank account just means paypal has acquired the funds but hasn't done anything yet. They didn't mention anything about craig's account being frozen...I think she was just being lazy and didn't want to look past the estimated clearing date for the eCheck transfer.

I just got off the phone with Paypal, and I guess once craig gets the refunds out, I should receive immediately
Now my only question is, should I be able to pay with my Paypal debit card, or should I wait the 3-4 days to transfer the funds to my bank account, and pay with the bank's debit card

I would think it wouldn't be a problem to pay with the debit card from Paypal, as long as craig isn't receiving money into a Paypal account...

I'm just trying to confirm my purchase as quick as possible now.. lol

craigix said:
They have frozen both accounts, however I think they will just refund it and the people effected can just pay another way, credit card, cheque, bank transfer, money order etc.

We will work it out, it only effects about 100 orders thank god!

But PAYPAL buyers like me are going to lose our first batch Pandora :( ?

Alright...Paypal said my eCheck payment has now cleared. Now we just have to get it refunded so I can pay by money order instead...but I'm in the USA...would that be problematic?

Or I could just buy an American Express gift card and use it to confirm my address, and then use a PayPal secure card to pay via the normal ProtX credit card processing that craig was using.

Could I just do a Bank Transfer? I found out that I (at least I think) can do that over prompts on my phone, so that'd work fine. I probably should've figured that out before I paid with PayPal since I was using eChecks anyways. Is there a fee for wire transfer though? I figure there probably is....but PayPal didn't charge for taking the money out of my bank account though...

UPDATE: ummm, bank transfer seems like a big no-no. The Wire Transfer fee for my Bank is $50 for international. Daaaaaang.

Rivroner said:
But PAYPAL buyers like me are going to lose our first batch Pandora :( ?

Probably not. They know the amount of people already. So, from those 100, maybe 10 will drop out, and the rest will find alternative methods of paying.

Don't forget, its common in business to business, they you only need to pay within 30 days. Also, they can temporary use them profit margin as a temporary handover to buy those 100.

I don't see why you will lose your order this period. Its not your fault. I fear your just over-panicking.

javaJake said:
Did anyone mention how much of a pain this is yet?

There is only one answer to this: support@paypal.com or whatever there emails are, and you make it very clear how this unwarranted action of paypal is screwing things up. And how you don't care what the fine print said about this 20 days mess.

Don't worry - just because of a change of the payment method won't make you lose your first batch preorder.

It's not YOUR fault PayPal did this, so be sure you get your Pandora from first batch when everything has been solved :)

EvilDragon said:
Don't worry - just because of a change of the payment method won't make you lose your first batch preorder.

It's not YOUR fault PayPal did this, so be sure you get your Pandora from first batch when everything has been solved :)

Thank you very much for your answer Evildragon.

But i have a question, when PAYPAL will refund my money? I will not have money to pay until PAYPAL refund me the money.

Rivroner said:
EvilDragon said:

Thank you very much for your answer Evildragon.

But i have a question, when PAYPAL will refund my money? I will not have money to pay until PAYPAL refund me the money.

Isn't it that EvilDragon and Craig refund the payments? As someone stated earlier, isn't it that Craig and EvilDragon can't move the money from their paypal accounts to somewhere else?

Another question, if i have my paypal account linked to a credit card can i have the same problem? My Paypal account is linked to a credit card (VISA).

I suposse that if my money is not transfered to Craig i will have it back in a few days :(

PoisonedV said:
Sphinxter said:
Said, "Paypal sucks", no one listens.
i feel you, bro. kind of funny, actually, looking back through the paypal threads.
Go to hell. :lol:

Eh, I know when I've screwed up, and I'll admit that I was obviously arguing for the wrong side on this one. Now will you stop being a total douche? No? Okay. :p

I really hope this gets straightened out soon, I just sent an angry message to PayPal over this, I recommend everyone else does the same!

Back