Pc Game "comanche" Run On Dingoo...

stew

Still Fresh
To all dingoo developers,
I would like to state here that I'm willing to pay for the development of a single emulator app (similar to quake 1/2) that can emulate the 1992 PC-Dos game Comanche: Maximum Overkill on a dingoo. I willing to pay from $100 to $500 or more for the full development to any programmer who are interest

in this project. Please email me pickwiz@gmail.com for more information... hope some of you are interested, I stand by my word always...
Regards

stew said:
I would like to state here that I'm willing to pay for the development of a single emulator app (similar to quake 1/2) that can emulate the 1992 PC-Dos game Comanche: Maximum Overkill on a dingoo. I willing to pay from $100 to $500 or more for the full development to any programmer who are interest in this project.

DosBox already supports this game, and has for ages. Port DOSBox (extremely likely - it made it onto GP2X etc.) and you get your "app", and with Dingoo it'll probably be fullspeed without any problems (original box for Comanche says it only needs a 386). Making it a single standalone executable is hardly worth the effort and probably counter to the licensing, though, but unless you say *why* it needs to be a single standalone app, it's hard to tell. Would you really notice/care if it was just a script wrapper around DOSBox? To be honest, if you somehow don't allow DOSBox and want someone to "recreate" a PC emulator just for that one game, chances are it'll be a lot more than even $500's worth of work. $500 is what? 100 hours at an absolutely paltry $5 an hour? I could spend the equivalent of four days just getting a small SDL game going let alone a full PC emulator.

If DOSBox ran it too slowly, you'd find that the ARM optimisations, etc. alone would run exhaust your $500 very, very quickly at even an extremely modest programmer's wage. Wait for DOSBox port (if there isn't one already), try it in DOSBox and then fund specific optimisations necessary to get it to the stage you want rather than a blanket "I want this". Specify features and framerates required, for example.

http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=102&letter=C

Last edited by a moderator:
ledow said:
If DOSBox ran it too slowly, you'd find that the ARM optimisations, etc. alone would run exhaust your $500 very, very quickly

And would be a total waste of time, seeing as Dingoo uses a MIPS CPU :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back