Pc Sega Dreamcast Emulator

sukhi-2006

I can't get chankast emulator to run roms they don't work, i'm using daemon tools lite for virtual drive i've mounted the image to f:/ drive what do i do next i can't figure it out, any help will do.

The simple solution to your emulator troubles... go out and buy a dreamcast! I'm deadly serious. They're only about £15 with games in the UK so there really is no excuse for just simply trying to play them on your pc as it'll never be able to play them like the dreamcast does.

Ah... need to hook up my dreamcast and get some Soul Calibur going on. Been too long since I last plugged it in. I only hope that it still works. Last time I had to buy a new one because the controller ports wouldn't detect any controllers.

Anyone else seen the news that sega are asking people to register their Dreamcasts now?

With the recent trademark updates and now this, I wonder what they have planned...

FFS, I was hoping something good was actually going to come from this...

Anyway, sukhigp just buy a DC, it can't hurt to own another brilliant console and you can pick them up really cheap. Buy a Saturn whil you are at it.

Heh, I can start to feel the Sega fanboy coming out in me.

I had an incline that that website was fake. Glad I didn't bother putting in my serial number on there. But something could still come from it. They did update their trademark on the name 'Dreamcast' so it seems likely we may see something from it. Hell, it could well be that some of the games are getting a re-release. I'd be happy to see it happen. Not enough people got to play them first time round so that would be a good way of getting oher to play them. All they'd need to do then is get a dreamcast.

I don't want to buy a dreamcast, I only buy pc games which are really good i don't need any console to play games.
I just wamt to play this emulator to see how good it is.

Chankast is obsolete, go get nullDC instead, we'll be here for your "how do I use nulldc" topic, don't worry.

Exophase said:
Chankast is obsolete, go get nullDC instead, we'll be here for your "how do I use nulldc" topic, don't worry.
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is Sukhigp not banned yet? Why is he still posting crap like this? Can someone from the mods explain to him how a forum works once again please? It's getting really annoying.

@Sukhigp: If you don't want to buy the console, you have no right to play the games on your computer. Also, if you need help on an obvious topic like this one, google it for fucks sake! Learn to use the internet!!! ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU ASK CAN BE SOLVED BY SEARCHING! People told you a hundred times. So pleeeeeease stop being so obnoxious and try to learn something...

man... you can actually run game backups in the dreamcast no problem. Forget about emulation, it's not nearly as good as the original hardware. How can you be so cheap?

lol. I know very little about computers but even I know how to install Windows XP professional.

oh and sukhigp, if you don't need a console to play games, then why bother trying to run dreamcast games on your pc? You're just gonna come back and say they don't stand up to everything people have said about them and the like. If you are only buying 'really' good games, I'd love to know what you are basing this on. If it's reviews then I feel sorry for you because all you are doing is being a sheep and following the advice of some non-gamer who only does the reviews as a way of making money and looking cool. Plus, you will most definitely be missingout on loads of good games that don't necessarily get good review scores.

So heres the ultimatum: either get a dreamcast and play them the way they are supposed to be, or just give it up and don't bother as they'll never run perfectly on a pc, thus clouding your judgement of them.

Why would i buy out of date console it's not worth it,besides i play the new games which are alot better than retro games.

I wanted to try dc on my pc to see how good it is i've never seen it running as a emulator.
Yes expphase i will try nulldc thanks for letting me know, and rest of you please post sensible stuff not rubbish like, banned sukhi no member has no right to write such rubbish.

Xnopasaranx you fool how dare you banned me from this site you have no right such rubbish.
This forum is for help not for writing rubbish like banned sukhi, i reckon you should be banned not me next time write something sensible, if you don't want to take part why are you posting on this topic just buzz off.

Damn xnopasaranx, you just got pwned! Umm, I think :blink:

Where's Babelfish's sucky to English translator when you need it? :lol:

sukhigp said:
Why would i buy out of date console it's not worth it,besides i play the new games which are alot better than retro games.

I wanted to try dc on my pc to see how good it is i've never seen it running as a emulator.
Yes expphase i will try nulldc thanks for letting me know, and rest of you please post sensible stuff not rubbish like, banned sukhi no member has no right to write such rubbish.

Xnopasaranx you fool how dare you banned me from this site you have no right such rubbish.
This forum is for help not for writing rubbish like banned sukhi, i reckon you should be banned not me next time write something sensible, if you don't want to take part why are you posting on this topic just buzz off.
Dreamcast may be old but it certainly isn't dead, i can play any game i want by just burning a CD and its morally alright because there is no way to buy the games direct from the people who made them anyway. There are many timeless titles on the Dreamcast that have not been remade or have been remade it a way that makes them lose what originally made them fun. Check this list out http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/10/bes...-today-top.html Emulation of Dreamcast games really isn't worth it... virtual mounting is a hassle so people often burn the games anyway when emulating them so at that point the only thing standing in your way is the actual $20 dreamcast. Also, regardless of computer power many dreamcast games will run rediculously slow or have game ruining graphical glitches - emulation loses to original hardware every time and if you can afford a pc that can emulate dreamcast at 20fps+ then im sure you can afford 20 extra dollars, though im not sure how much they are in whatever country your from since it obviously isnt an english speaking country.

sukhigp said:

Yes, I am very sorry for not posting sensible stuff about you. And what a fool I am for banning you! I am not even a mod. That should be a lesson to me.

I am feel terribly bad for offending you, but you just seem like a troll to me. Also: if you think that "out of date" consoles are not worth it and that retrogames are not as good as your precious new pc games, what the hell are you even doing here? Why did you get a gp2x? You seem barely able to use it, nay, barely able to read readme files. Yes this is a forum to ask for help... and I was asking for the help of the mods!

Sorry, I will stop to flame now...

EDIT: Oh and if you had actually taken the care of reading my post, you would have noticed that I have actually tried to give you some advice!

It is obvious this guy is an idiot but I wouldn't rag on his English skills, I don't think it is his first language.

Back