Pc To Gp32 Not Working After Sp2 Update...

Vampyros

Still Fresh
Hello, I have installed Windows XP SP2 and since then my computer can't seem to find the GP32 via USB. Is there any new drivers i need to install to make it recognise the GP32? And how can i install these as nothing comes up to let me install any new drivers when i plug the device in. I am a n00b to the GP32 so don't flame me and please be simple when you explain (any sarcastic or stupid replies aren't funny or helpful to anyone)

Thank you to anyone who can help me

I have Win Xp with SP2 and my GP32 is still well recognized.

Anyway buy a smc reader (about 10 euros), it's far better, fast and convenient. ;)

Easy.. WnXP sp2 sucks. and I am being really serious about that. Since it was released there have been numerous programs/hardware that doesnt work on it.

Your best bet is to either:
Find a way to transfer gpdrive on the smc and use that (it makes the gp32 into a mass storage device)
Get a SMC card writer/reader
Go back to SP1.
Try reinstalling the drivers

OK thank you, how would i go about reinstalling the drivers though? Nothing comes up when i connect the GP32 to the USB port, like it used to with SP1.

yaustar > I never encountered ANY compatibility problem with SP2 (I know there are some but I should be lucky). :)

I think you right click on the .inf file and click install.

At Drummaster: lucky devil ;)

I'm wondering... if you buy a new smc you won't be able to format it at all without a pclink or gpmanager, Right? :( :huh: .that would suck. :(

Back