Pcsx Rearmed R11

How do you make cue files with compressed PSX image files? I know how to do it with .bin files but not now since I used cbin to compress them. I know previously you can make .cue files with notepad and just put the file name including the .bin inside the file, but what do you put inside the file and what do you name the .cue file? Do you include the .cbn extension? Thanks.

Heart of Darkness runs and looks very good, although I had to change the BIOS because HLE didn't seem to like me saving either in-game or through the emulator. So far, other than save issues which seem to be resolved, it runs perfectly. I recommend this game to anyone that likes games like Out of this World and Limbo.

I'm close to finishing a full run through of Symphony of the Night on this. Aside from a very rare slowdown following cutscenes (solved by restarting the emulator) and in rooms with heavy 3d effects (the chapel) it feels flawless, which is better than I ever got with my original run through the game with a damaged disc. Really appreciated.

edit: The touchscreen mapping is brilliant, too.

darklight1138 said:
How do you make cue files with compressed PSX image files? I know how to do it with .bin files but not now since I used cbin to compress them. I know previously you can make .cue files with notepad and just put the file name including the .bin inside the file, but what do you put inside the file and what do you name the .cue file? Do you include the .cbn extension? Thanks.
If you select a .cue file in the emu it might need to have correct filename in .cue to point to .cbn. If you select .cbn it will also look for .cue file with same base name and parse it if it's found.

BAFelton said:
notaz : can this release be uploaded on openhandhelds.org ?
Sure, done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notaz I noticed a speed improvement (Diablo) by setting audio to mono channel. I think it speeds things up. Can you guess what can be reached? Maybe around 50% of the audio processing time? How much cpu time % is used for audio stuff?

Okay, so I've been fiddling around with Chrono Chross some more, and I have found that setting frameskip to 1 and setting CPU clock to 25%, it speeds things up some more, at the cost of making things pretty choppy looking.

Hi there! I have an extremely stupid question, but please be kind (I only received my Caanoo this evening, and am still struggling to get to grips with it a little)

On PCSX4ALL I just dropped the 'bin' + 'cfg' files into the ISO folder and it all seemed to work fine although a bit slow....
I am really interested in using PCSXReArmed but I dont think I can just drop the same 'bin' + 'cfg' files into one of the folders? Do I need to convert the files in some way?
If so could anyone direct me as to how this is done, and where the files are then copied to?

Thanks again for all of your help guys! :) You're awesome!

tibbo said:
Hi there! I have an extremely stupid question, but please be kind (I only received my Caanoo this evening, and am still struggling to get to grips with it a little)

On PCSX4ALL I just dropped the 'bin' + 'cfg' files into the ISO folder and it all seemed to work fine although a bit slow....
I am really interested in using PCSXReArmed but I dont think I can just drop the same 'bin' + 'cfg' files into one of the folders? Do I need to convert the files in some way?
If so could anyone direct me as to how this is done, and where the files are then copied to?

Thanks again for all of your help guys! :) You're awesome!
The emulator allows you to browse any folders, so you can just put the same files anywhere you want, and it'll work. I suggest creating an ISO folder yorself in the PCSX ReArmed directory, and then place the games there, too.

You can even continue using PCSX4All along with ReArmed and just keep the bin files in the same folder they used to be in before.
Also, the cfg files you're talking about are probably created by pcsx4all, you don't need those at all for ReArmed to work.

Ahh thanks so much Clover you have been a great help! :)
Thanks again so much for all of the assistance! Will be fun to play some of these old games again :)

To add, you can also play games via a flash drive. I like this method because it's fast and easy to download to it, stick it in your Caanoo, and see if it works.

darklight1138 said:
To add, you can also play games via a flash drive. I like this method because it's fast and easy to download to it, stick it in your Caanoo, and see if it works.
Another nice feature I wish the Wiz had.. I just purchased a 500 gig usb drive :)

Has anyone else tried Warcraft 2? It loads up fine but it seems to be too fast and the sound skips a bit. I tried underclocking but the sound gets worse the further I go down, under 700 and it gets pretty bad. It's playable but it's difficult to click on the men as they're zooming around the screen! I'm using mainly eboots as it seems people were getting the best performance from them.

Also tried Omega Boost and Darius Gaiden both of which are pretty much perfect. Dino Crisis 1 lags for me but is still playable. Gotta try Nightmare Creatures yet, any info on that one?

Orion4874 said:
Has anyone else tried Warcraft 2? It loads up fine but it seems to be too fast and the sound skips a bit. I tried underclocking but the sound gets worse the further I go down, under 700 and it gets pretty bad. It's playable but it's difficult to click on the men as they're zooming around the screen! I'm using mainly eboots as it seems people were getting the best performance from them.

Also tried Omega Boost and Darius Gaiden both of which are pretty much perfect. Dino Crisis 1 lags for me but is still playable. Gotta try Nightmare Creatures yet, any info on that one?
Did you turn on frame limiter for games that are to fast....

ruffnutts said:
Orion4874 said:

Did you turn on frame limiter for games that are to fast....
I never turn it off. The music doesn't play too fast and scrolling seems normal, it's just your men that seem to be running instead of walking. I'll have to try a bin/cue and see if that makes a difference.

Wild Arms on PCSX.

Runs well but there are occasions of slow down and some sound effects drop out.

Overall extremely playable.

Has anyone played Heart of Darkness? I feel like an idiot because I can't figure out how to change to the second disc. When it gets to the screen indicating to change discs, I've tried both loading and changing CD image. If I just try loading the second disc, it reads and loads my save game but then asks me to put in the first disc. If I change CD image, I just get a black screen.

Now when I try to load the second disc I get a memory card unformatted error, yet I can load my save game with the first disc. Like I said before, it use to load my save game when I would load the second disc, but it would still prompt me to "insert disc 1".

darklight1138 said:
Has anyone played Heart of Darkness? I feel like an idiot because I can't figure out how to change to the second disc. When it gets to the screen indicating to change discs, I've tried both loading and changing CD image. If I just try loading the second disc, it reads and loads my save game but then asks me to put in the first disc. If I change CD image, I just get a black screen.

Now when I try to load the second disc I get a memory card unformatted error, yet I can load my save game with the first disc. Like I said before, it use to load my save game when I would load the second disc, but it would still prompt me to "insert disc 1".

Complete the first disc, get the prompt for disc 2, go to extra stuff/change CD image, then at the black screen, press start like the prompt screen said earlier. Be ready to run as the second disc drops you right in the middle of a firefight.

Loading your saves may be a harder problem. I've found the saving feature to be very inconsistent on if it will see the saves on the card or not, Any game or running the BIOS itself. Even in the same disc image loaded during the same session it could randomly see or not see the saves on the card file. Some games are far more problematic than others, such as this one. I've seen you mention that this game can save when using a BIOS, but my NTSC version only seems to crash the emulator on memory card save. I may need to try another SD card and see if that's causing issues.

I'd suggest using savestates as a backup, though it's a little difficult to use at the moment without key combos for each function and no feedback as to which savestate slot you are on when you have enough free keys/touchscreen to bind the emulator controls. Try to keep separate savestate slots if you can, because if anything goes wrong during a save, you're back to disc one. Ask me how I know.

Hope you can find a method that works for you, it's definitely one of my favorites.

Thanks tremendously, Someone. That did indeed work. Unfortunately though, I still get the unformatted memory card error when I go to load the game. It saves fine though. Weird. Saving through the emulator causes the game to freeze and crash so that doesn't work either. Maybe I could play with different bios files and see if I get different results.

Hope I can fix it. It's a great game and otherwise runs very well.

Back