Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

First of all let me say thanks for what is an outstanding emulator, runs most stuff flawlessly.

There does seem to be an issue with Formula One 2001, in that you can't accelerate. On the start grid pressing left and right make the wheels move and you can even select reverse, but pressing X does nothing when it should be accelerate.

Incidently, the original Formula One by Psygnosis works fine.

I've attached a save state if it helps (renamed from .000 to .zip so I could upload).

Dave

F1_2001-SCES03404.zip

Attachments

• F1_2001-SCES03404.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 130
There does seem to be an issue with Formula One 2001, in that you can't accelerate. On the start grid pressing left and right make the wheels move and you can even select reverse, but pressing X does nothing when it should be accelerate.
I heard that game relies on icache to work, and emulating that properly would be both complicated and slow (slowing down all other games..)

Could be added as an optional setting, like the abe's odysse fix?

Could be added as an optional setting, like the abe's odysse fix?
What "abe's odysse" fix?

Still it would require the whole cache emulation infrastructure implemented just for one game, which would become dead code in the end, it's not very motivating to implement this.

Thanks Notaz and Exophase for this new release, the emulator was already fantastic, but now its gonna be almost perfect, to upgrade to this new version do you recomend just changing the pnd file or do I also have to erase the appdate files?.

if your giong from version 11 -> 12 then yuo need to delete the appdata folder (or at least some config file maybe nataz can advise) but 12 -> 13 shouldnt need to (afaik)

I heard that game relies on icache to work, and emulating that properly would be both complicated and slow (slowing down all other games..)

Well I'm not that desperate to play it and it's definitely not worth spending all that effort on one game. I don't even remember it being that good, just happens to be one I own.

Suppose I'll just have to make do with GT2.... :)

Just for fun I tried out the PAL version of the Ridge Racer Hi-Spec Demo to see how the emulator handed it. I ran it with no frameskip at 800mhz and the fps shows at a steady 50, however the image on the screen keeps switching between been silky smooth and then slowing down (almost as if it is waiting for 2 vertical blanks sometimes).

I then tried it with peops and it runs much slower, but strangely the behaviour still exists whereby it alternates between runnng slowly for a few frames and then really slowly for a few more.

I wasn't really expecting this demo to run well but it seems as if it can but something if holding it back because as I said, using the built in gpu, on the framesthat run well it really is silky smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could anyone try the English version of Policenauts?

I am just playing Policenauts now. I have the japanese version with english subtitles, i have just got up to act 1 and it is running perfectly. :)

Notaz:

Revolution X game slowdowns! to 0,5 fps on all PCSX ReArmed versions in about 0.30 seconds after starting the game

Last edited:
Could anyone try the English version of Policenauts?

I am just playing Policenauts now. I have the japanese version with english subtitles, i have just got up to act 1 and it is running perfectly. :)
Yeah, this has ran perfectly since r4 or r5. I have not played thru the entire game yet, so some problems may arrise later, but for now it is a great experiance on the Pandora.

Chris

How can i manually bind the new minimize-feature? Without a clue I tried to add a line "bind Tab = Minimize" to ".pcsx/cfg/-.cfg" in the appdata-folder, but that was the wrong blind trial. :) And I can't find an option to configure it in the menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's in Controls->Emulator/Gun controls menu. That config edit should've worked too, it was wrong file I guess (.pcsx/pcsx.cfg is the main one).

Back