Release Pcsx-Rearmed

There is a problem in Colin McRae Rally, from time to time the input stops working for a few seconds. The control returns as it went and you can be sure that this will repeat eventually.

It doesen't disables, just remembers the las input, for instance, if you were accelerating and turning left when it happens, it will stay accelerating and turning (wich usually means to fall from a cliff).

I don't know if a savestate would be useful, I can assure if you play it for 5 minutes you can see the glitch.

I'm using r7 but this problem showed on other versions too, and the input configuration is the default one. I'm trying the pal version by the way.

asimov-solensan said:
There is a problem in Colin McRae Rally, from time to time the input stops working for a few seconds. The control returns as it went and you can be sure that this will repeat eventually.

It doesen't disables, just remembers the las input, for instance, if you were accelerating and turning left when it happens, it will stay accelerating and turning (wich usually means to fall from a cliff).

I don't know if a savestate would be useful, I can assure if you play it for 5 minutes you can see the glitch.

I'm using r7 but this problem showed on other versions too, and the input configuration is the default one. I'm trying the pal version by the way.

I remember this glitch from the original it does not happen that often, its nasty though. (I managed to get through the whole novice championship on the pandora even with the bug there so it not that bad of a bug)

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be doing something wrong, I can't get Front Mission 3 or Tron Bonne to run at all. FM3 just sticks at the 'now loading' screen, and TB hangs after the initial splash screen, and this is with r7.

ok I'm starting to feel tired from this so I'm doing r8 release. I hope this version is more stable (I couldn't fix every problem reported), but at least the memcard bug should be gone now. I fixed a some performance issues as well, but that'll affect just a few games. If there are no major screw-ups there will likely be no new versions for a few months at least, as further improvements involve major rewrites and need much more time to implement. Also I'm spending way more time coding then gaming lately, and I wanted to finish some games (one of the reasons I started this project). I hope this'll be the best release so far that everyone can enjoy.

http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r8.pnd

Changelog:
  • improved recompiler performance for some games
  • fixed a few recompiler related compatibility issues
    (also fixes broken memcard support in some games)
  • fixed some graphics problems caused by frameskip. Note that not all problems were fixed, so if you see graphics glitches try turning off frameskip or using different GPU plugin.
  • added screenshot function
  • added some code to attempt to sync with pandora's LCD better
  • merged a few compatibility fixes from PCSX-Reloaded
  • fixed and issue with external controllers
  • added experimental ability to use nubs as buttons

Gruso said:
Thanks very much Notaz, I'll have a play with the new nub mapping when I get a chance. :)

I hope you enjoy some well earned gaming time.

I wholeheartedly second that. Thanks so much for accommodating my request, and happy gaming!

Gruso said:
Thanks very much Notaz, I'll have a play with the new nub mapping when I get a chance. :)

I hope you enjoy some well earned gaming time.

I agree. I hope you'll enjoy revisiting your psx classics as much as I hope to enjoy playing them for the first time. :)

-God Ginrai

Wow. That was prompt. Enjoy your gaming time; you certainly deserve it. (Not just for the bugfix; PCSX-Rearmed is among the most polished pieces of software on my Pandora. Good job!)

Bosbeetle said:
asimov-solensan said:

I remember this glitch from the original it does not happen that often, its nasty though. (I managed to get through the whole novice championship on the pandora even with the bug there so it not that bad of a bug)

I don't agree, in my case the bugs appears on almost every race, wich makes impossible to make a decent timing. And I have tried to start a championship almost a half dozen times.

May I ask wich version of the game are you using, overclock? ingame options?

notaz said:
ok I'm starting to feel tired from this so I'm doing r8 release. I hope this version is more stable (I couldn't fix every problem reported), but at least the memcard bug should be gone now.[...] Also I'm spending way more time coding then gaming lately, and I wanted to finish some games (one of the reasons I started this project). I hope this'll be the best release so far that everyone can enjoy.

You do know that we all love you deeply? :D

Take a good rest. It is well-earned.

OMG You absolute diamond! you got Skullmonkeys working! Thankyou 1 Million times. Enjoy your time playing your old classics Notaz. I think It's amazing that you just wanted to play PSX on your Pandora so you just decided that you were going to create this emulator. I'm at work so could only test that it ran. Cant wait to get home now.

Thanks again! so happy right now. Enjoy your break :)

notaz said:
ok I'm starting to feel tired from this so I'm doing r8 release. I hope this version is more stable (I couldn't fix every problem reported), but at least the memcard bug should be gone now. I fixed a some performance issues as well, but that'll affect just a few games. If there are no major screw-ups there will likely be no new versions for a few months at least, as further improvements involve major rewrites and need much more time to implement. Also I'm spending way more time coding then gaming lately, and I wanted to finish some games (one of the reasons I started this project). I hope this'll be the best release so far that everyone can enjoy.
Is there something wrong with your git server? When I try to download the source, I get

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Wow, another update already. I'm impressed with the amount of work you have been able to put into this Notaz.

Words cannot express my gratitude for the work you have done on this. Enjoy your break.

j6cubic said:
(Not just for the bugfix; PCSX-Rearmed is among the most polished pieces of software on my Pandora. Good job!)

You don't use Picodrive? o_ô

-God Ginrai

Thanks to everyone for your support, yet again.

Ari64 said:
Is there something wrong with your git server? When I try to download the source, I get

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
Yeah something messed git-daemon up, it's probably ED's update to Debian6, waiting for his response.

Back