Release Pcsx-Rearmed

noting what is possibly a similar issue with Legacy of Kain... the spirits you are supposed to eat are not visible in either the spectral realm or the real world. Chances are, it's a similar issue to the Spyro updrafts mentioned above (just my thought, probably wrong though... :p).

notaz, I'll go ahead and apologize now. The issue is fairly rare, so I moved on from then and can't reproduce it consistently since then. Worse still, I've been busy and rarely manage to hop online lately so I'm sorry I brought up the issue without intention to spend the time rooting it out a bit. I had hoped someone else would look into it a bit, figured it was a popular enough game for others to have run across it.

#1 GameMaster said:
notaz said:
asimov-solensan said:
Is there any hope to get the opengl plugin working? I have tested some games with it and they look gorgeus, almost seem PC versions.

The last I remember about the topic is that Notaz wouldn't work on it but maybe I'm confused.
What you remember is right. There are some GLES people on this forum but all of them have their own projects already.
Is that what you were talking about early when you said that you couldn't fix the updrafts in Spyro the Dragon?

No, this is about the PEOPE's plugin wich was added at one point but it is not usable (crashes eventually in all games).

If Notaz fixes the problem you are talking about it will be on his plugin AKA builtin_gpu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Processing Unlimite said:
so I'm curious... what's the most compatible gpu plugin at this point?

People have already mentioned this, it seems to be the PCSX plugin.

-God Ginrai

The peops plugin was there from the start. It was the PCSX4All plugin, ie U-nai's (that was always part of zodttd's releases) that was added. From what notaz tells me it's faster but a lot less compatible. Looking through the source I can see some things it doesn't handle, and some things it might glitch out a bit on.

Not that any PS1 emulators I know of have bit-perfect GPU output or anything.

Brave Fencer Musashi locks after start screen.... and it is reported to work in the compatibility list :(

paolofanin, did you make sure you were using a dumped bios vs the built-in one? The one provided isn't really compatible with much of anything (probably due to licensing, it's just a placeholder)... Once I ripped the bios from my real PSX (there are plenty of tutorials across the net) all the games that I had hang early on in the start of the game work fine. By default, PCSX uses it's built-in bios unless you manually select a replacement.

I could be barking up the wrong tree, but the bios is the only thing I have experienced that causes hang-ups and freezing of the game near the beginning.

paolofanin said:
Brave Fencer Musashi locks after start screen.... and it is reported to work in the compatibility list :(

worked almost flawless for me up to r5. haven't tested it in the newer versions yet. I'll see if I can test it tonight in r7.

indeed. its funny, I was so stoked about this emu when it was new that I spend most of my pandora time testing it and playing psx for the pure joy of it, but since joining rot I've been consumed with the new joy of competitive retro gaming. Competing makes the games so much more fun :) In the mean time I kind of lost track of this emu.

Brave Fencer Musashi [slus-00726] does indeed crash for me with r8. bios and plugin changes don't make a difference. It crashes after the intro cut scene, right when actual gameplay is suppose to start.

asimov-solensan said:
#1 GameMaster said:
notaz said:
asimov-solensan said:
Is there any hope to get the opengl plugin working? I have tested some games with it and they look gorgeus, almost seem PC versions.

The last I remember about the topic is that Notaz wouldn't work on it but maybe I'm confused.
What you remember is right. There are some GLES people on this forum but all of them have their own projects already.
Is that what you were talking about early when you said that you couldn't fix the updrafts in Spyro the Dragon?

No, this is about the PEOPE's plugin which was added at one point but it is not usable (crashes eventually in all games).

If Notaz fixes the problem you are talking about it will be on his plugin AKA builtin_gpu.
If that's the case why don't they show up when trying out a different GPU?

I'm just wondering, because I've always been interested in programing and am just curious about it. I'd like to learn to program but between work and college I don't get to much free time.

Anyone gotten Wild Arms and Wild Arms 2 to work properly?

The compatibility chart mentions Wild Arms as playable and Wild Arms 2 as working well.
However, Wild Arms locks up when trying to bind magic and Wild Arms 2 gets stuck on a black screen for me (directly after the starting screen).

Tested with R8.

hmm, wild arms 2 is another one that worked for me with r5. I might have to downgrade. :(

Resident evil 2 PAL Leons disk works for me on r8.
Also, Tekken 2 spikey limbs have been fixed ;)

Tony hawks also shows the textures now, and runs quite fast as well.

Nearly every game I tried in previous builds still work in r8. Compatibility with this emu is awesome!

People who are having problems: have you tried a different bios? You should get a 7000 series one, not the early ones. Could help.

Can someone please tell me how to ENABLE an analogue controller please? I can select it, but some games by default need you to press the little analogue button on the PSX controller (on an original dual shock controller it had a little red LED). I'm sure that on the PC I used to press this virtual button to enable analogue controls by pressing 'F5' but this isn't working for me. Help please!

Also, I am very impressed with this emulator - it again exceeds my high expectations, the compatibility is top notch and the speed is great.

TitanUranus said:
Also, I am very impressed with this emulator - it again exceeds my high expectations, the compatibility is top notch and the speed is great.

It's hand made by Notaz B)

Exophase said:
Not that any PS1 emulators I know of have bit-perfect GPU output or anything.
Have you tried Xebra by dr.Hell? It's done by some Japanese guy and seems to have texturing right (haven't binary compared though), and it matches hardware on sound tests that PCSX people have been doing.
http://www.zophar.net/psx/xebra.html

TitanUranus said:
Can someone please tell me how to ENABLE an analogue controller please? I can select it, but some games by default need you to press the little analogue button on the PSX controller (on an original dual shock controller it had a little red LED). I'm sure that on the PC I used to press this virtual button to enable analogue controls by pressing 'F5' but this isn't working for me. Help please!
That button is only needed for games that don't support analog anyway, it effectively disables analog sticks and the game sees the controller as old digital one. So basically don't enable analog for those games, or is that too inconvenient to you?

HackModford said:
TitanUranus said:

It's hand made by Notaz B)
Not really, a lot of people have touched PCSX (it was started by someone in 2001 or earlier), there is also Ari64's recompiler..

notaz said:
TitanUranus said:
...some stuff about analogue...
That button is only needed for games that don't support analog anyway, it effectively disables analog sticks and the game sees the controller as old digital one. So basically don't enable analog for those games, or is that too inconvenient to you?
Wow - you I never knew that. I guess I was just used to switching analogue on and playing everything with it. I like the feel. If it's something that'd be fairly simple to implement I'd really appreciate it, but if it requires something more than just allocating another button I'll just have to learn to live with it. Awseome emulator though, seems to run faster than some stuff did on my crappy P4 PC.

If you are interested in things that are not working right...

Virtual Pool 3 is acting weird, seems it has plenty of CPU available but it just bogs down to a pittiful jerking mess. Could be some kind of framelimiter issue I guess.

PGA 96 - if you ever get that to run on any emulator I'll be impressed (I am already, but hey - impress me some more). Same issue as on the PC, some waffel error window about "memory allocation" pops up (inside the game).

If I notice more, do you want to know, or are you at the "I wish the moaning bastards would shut up" stage of development?

EDIT: Regarding PGA96 when I said any emulator I meant any PSX emulator. I can run the crappy megadrive version with it's half hour screen draw per shot.

Back