Release Pcsx-Rearmed

Back to Ari64's dynarec, Ghost in the Shell hits BccZAL's incompleteness (!ooo case):
Code:
  800c5e74: BLTZAL r14,800c5e3c
  800c5e78: ADDIU r14,r14,-1
So I just added this:
Code:
@@ -5837,18 +5838,32 @@ void sjump_assemble(int i,struct regstat *i_regs)
     // In-order execution (branch first)
     //printf("IOE\n");
     int nottaken=0;
+    if(rt1[i]==31) {
+      int rt,return_address;
+      assert(rt1[i+1]!=31);
+      assert(rt2[i+1]!=31);
+      rt=get_reg(branch_regs[i].regmap,31);
+      if(rt>=0) {
+        // Save the PC even if the branch is not taken
+        return_address=start+i*4+8;
+        emit_movimm(return_address,rt); // PC into link register
+        #ifdef IMM_PREFETCH
+        emit_prefetch(hash_table[((return_address>>16)^return_address)&0xFFFF]);
+        #endif
+      }
+    }
     if(!unconditional) {
       //printf("branch(%d): eax=%d ecx=%d edx=%d ebx=%d ebp=%d esi=%d edi=%d\n",i,branch_regs[i].regmap[0],branch_regs[i].regmap[1],
       if(!only32)
       {
         assert(s1h>=0);
-        if((opcode2[i]&0x1d)==0) // BLTZ/BLTZL
+        if((opcode2[i]&0x0d)==0) // BLTZ/BLTZL/BLTZAL/BLTZALL
         {
           emit_test(s1h,s1h);
           nottaken=(int)out;
           emit_jns(1);
         }
-        if((opcode2[i]&0x1d)==1) // BGEZ/BGEZL
+        if((opcode2[i]&0x0d)==1) // BGEZ/BGEZL/BGEZAL/BGEZALL
         {
           emit_test(s1h,s1h);
           nottaken=(int)out;
@@ -5858,13 +5873,13 @@ void sjump_assemble(int i,struct regstat *i_regs)
       else
       {
         assert(s1l>=0);
-        if((opcode2[i]&0x1d)==0) // BLTZ/BLTZL
+        if((opcode2[i]&0x0d)==0) // BLTZ/BLTZL/BLTZAL/BLTZALL
         {
           emit_test(s1l,s1l);
           nottaken=(int)out;
           emit_jns(1);
         }
-        if((opcode2[i]&0x1d)==1) // BGEZ/BGEZL
+        if((opcode2[i]&0x0d)==1) // BGEZ/BGEZL/BGEZAL/BGEZALL
         {
           emit_test(s1l,s1l);
           nottaken=(int)out;
and it seems to be running ok now.

Cheers for the emu notaz. Ledgend. I deffinately recommend EBOOT format compatibilty as all my games are in this form :) and to get metal gear solid working if its not already (i dont have my pandy yet so i cannot test :( ) ill do anything for this game to be working. Big donation for persuasion??? Haha. Thanks once again dude.

I tried some games over the weekend, here's what I tried:

Medal of Honor [SLUS-00974] works great, probably could be overclocked a little, was slow on default clock

Crash Bandicoot works great, might need overclocking as well

Crash Bandicoot 2 works great

TombRaider Collector's Edition hangs after loading the first level, otherwise it runs fine up until then

That's all I've tried so far

Any idea if compressed images will be supported in the future?

cbox said:
Any idea if compressed images will be supported in the future?

PocketISO compressed images are already supported since the first release :)

Last edited:
Here are the results of my testing. All of this is with r4, 800mhz, and all releases are US / NTSC unless otherwise noted.

The following games ran fine for a smoke-test (30s of gameplay):
Centipede
Colony Wars (the original)
Disruptor
Frogger (1)
Micro Machines V3
Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness
Nanotek Warrior
Pac-Man World
Rollcage Stage II (40fps though, sluggish)
Tempest X
Tunnel B1
Wild 9
Wipeout 3
Wipeout 3 Special Edition (EU/PAL)
Wipeout XL

The following games crash the emulator as soon as gameplay starts:
Crash Team Racing (how appropriate!)
Jumping Flash
Jumping Flash 2
Ghost In The Shell
Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge

I see that Notaz just fixed Ghost In The Shell--hopefully that'll fix the Jumping Flash games too, as they're all from Exact and I suspect use the same engine.

And here's the really fun one: "Speed Punks" (known as "Speed Freaks" outside the US) locks up the emulated PS1! It runs until the title screen starts flashing "Press Start Button". When you obey its command, the (non-XA) music keeps playing but the screen is now frozen. Even the emulator's FPS and other counter displays stop changing! Occasionally, the rightmost number (CPU usage?) shows > 100, which I suspect is aberrant. The Space bar still brings up the emulator menu so you can at least quit cleanly. I've let it run for five minutes like this; it never progresses. (Pity, as Speed Punks is the best cart racer on the PSX imo.)

You should specify the dates the versions were released in the original post so we can be sure we're running the latest version without checking the Pandora.

2Dames2 said:
Cheers for the emu notaz. Ledgend. I deffinately recommend EBOOT format compatibilty as all my games are in this form :) and to get metal gear solid working if its not already (i dont have my pandy yet so i cannot test :( ) ill do anything for this game to be working. Big donation for persuasion??? Haha. Thanks once again dude.

Metal Gear Solid is indeed working perfectly, There is a fix in the compatibility list to fix sound and cutscene issues. I have been hammering that game.

meandu229 said:
hey mvickers got voices working perfect
use built in spu
set interpolation to simple and set the wait for cpu to on (think its just those two)

Here is the link if you need it

Last edited by a moderator:
mvickers03 said:
2Dames2 said:

Metal Gear Solid is indeed working perfectly, There is a fix in the compatibility list to fix sound and cutscene issues. I have been hammering that game.

meandu229 said:
use built in spu
set interpolation to simple and set the wait for cpu to on (think its just those two)

Yeh I added that to the list on mine the gfx in the cutscenes sometimes goes wierd ( sound is fine), but always recovers,
completed the game and got me the bandana

I have a save state for Formula 1 1995 which bypasses all the loading screens and goes straight to the race setup menu.

When I load this save state the screen freezes in whatever position it was before entering the emulator's menu. The game logic is still working behind the scenes because I can hear the transition sounds when trying to navigate through the game menu.

How much of a difference can choice of ISO format make? I was using IMG, but when I found out Zod's emulator needed bin/cue I converted my ISOs. Nearly popped a vein when it reported they couldn't be read. So I went back to IMG.

mvickers03 said:
2Dames2 said:

meandu229 said:
use built in spu

Ahh that's mental!! Thanks for the update mate. So, how do you change discs if you don't mind me asking? Is it pretty simple?

2Dames2 said:
Ahh that's mental!! Thanks for the update mate. So, how do you change discs if you don't mind me asking? Is it pretty simple?

Haha yeah it's pretty crazy! There is no way to change the disc at the moment but I will create a savestate when I get to that point and upload for everyone. If Notaz doesn't add a change disc feature by then that is :)

meandu229 said:
Yeh I added that to the list on mine the gfx in the cutscenes sometimes goes wierd ( sound is fine), but always recovers,
completed the game and got me the bandana

Cut scenes are perfect for me, sometimes the text goes faster than the commentary but then catches up after, It doesn't mess up as such

mvickers03 said:
2Dames2 said:

Haha yeah it's pretty crazy! There is no way to change the disc at the moment but I will create a savestate when I get to that point and upload for everyone. If Notaz doesn't add a change disc feature by then that is :)
Cant change discs, I had to
get to sniper wolf kill her then save to memory card, I then converted memory card to use it with epsxe (not sure if that was nessacary i think I just had different regions set) load the game and memory card do the disc swap in epsxe then save again move save to pandora and then load it,
I can upload the memory card file (I think I still have it) if you would like when you get to that point,
it will have all my bits on like guns/ammo etc but I was pretty well kitted :D

Also wierd that your cut scenes were perfect,, mind letting me know which settings you used.. e.g gpu?

meandu229 said:
mvickers03 said:
2Dames2 said:

get to sniper wolf kill her then save to memory card, I then converted memory card to use it with epsxe (not sure if that was nessacary i think I just had different regions set) load the game and memory card do the disc swap in epsxe then save again move save to pandora and then load it,
I can upload the memory card file (I think I still have it) if you would like when you get to that point,

Also wierd that your cut scenes were perfect,, mind letting me know which settings you used.. e.g gpu?

Haha that's a mass process you got goin on there just to load the second part lool. But yea if I can have the file off you that would be sweet, thanks dude. Can't wait :) will be awesome when there's a disc swap option XD

2Dames2 said:
meandu229 said:
mvickers03 said:
2Dames2 said:

Haha that's a mass process you got goin on there just to load the second part lool. But yea if I can have the file off you that would be sweet, thanks dude. Can't wait :) will be awesome when there's a disc swap option XD
either that or if you wanna continue your story just make sure you save to memory card before you walk through the door after sniper wolf (2nd time when she dies) and ill just walk through door for you and send you the file back.

@meandu229: okay either sounds good to me. Won't be a mass difference in terms of equipment / guns I guess. I shall keep this in mind. Thanks again. Appreciate it :) :)

EvilDragon said:
MooTheKow said:
Can anyone report if there is a speed hit when using pocketISO compressed images?

No speed hit for me.

So - anything special I have to do to get them working? If I try to open the .znx files it says it isn't a supported format. (tried both the .znx and znx.table file).

EDIT/UPDATE:
Grabbed the source... looks like it expects .z files only. From docs on PocketISO:
"Note: .z gives fast compression, .bz gives best compression but may slow down emulation slightly and .znx is the same as z but rips xa files while preserving the headers. Preserving the headers may allow the emu to run faster when xa files are played in the game. "

Random/possibly dumb question -- where does the output that is written to stderr go?

Just renaming the .znx files to .z is just giving me an 'error loading plugins' error.

Hmmm... compressed all my bin/cues I had on my pandora to the PocketISO compressed format and the program won't load them, says unsupported image type.

Question answered above, guess I can't use maximum compression option.

Back