GP32 Pda Type Apps On The Gp32 - Nice To Have

DaveC

Internal Development
I thought it would be nice to have some PDA type apps on the GP32. There are some limits especially with the lack of a real time clock but many thing would be useful. Unlike a PDA which is always using power even when turned off and has to be kept after to always keep it charged, the GP32 would only use power when turned on. How doable would this be and is anyone interested?

Some of the things possible:

Address book - keep your names and addresses on the GP32. Could edit on the GP32 with a virtual keyboard (or chatboard) and/or edit it on a PC.

Conversion program - convert inches to centimeters, temperature, weight, mass. etc.

Spreadsheet program - could view/edit excel type spreadsheets on the GP32.

Skychart/astronomy program - type in the time and location and it gives a view of the stars and positions in the sky.

Scientific graphing calculator - calculate on the go.

There's an address book in windups. The latest one will let you edit on the pc and upload the files to the gp.

Edit: There's a dictionary (albeit a shit one) in windups as well.

Also there is a jap->english dictionary called GPnese.

Maybe if Palm os was ported/emulated with joystick input in place of touch screen, these apps could be found easier.

A good dictionary like Oxford would be great. I don't use wind ups as I have a BLU and don't see a reason to mess with flashing. It would be cool though if it was made into a PDA suite add-on.

I wonder if I could use one of those game creator proggys like Zot! or that other RPG creator to make one myself. Do those have text manipulation/formatting capabilities? That is the only way I could do it as I can't code at all in "c" :(

Back