GP2X Pdf Format Docs?

You've been able to get a specification of the PDF format for a good while, but the main problem has been understanding it enough to produce some thats not either text-only or incredibly bloated. All the readers I've seen so far seem to be just one or the other.

craigix posted on Dec 22 2006 at 08:28 AM said:
I use foxit reader on the PC it is blazingly fast and smooth.
I agree it is fast, but no source. I've had good results with xpdf, but I have a feeling that it has x86 code in considering the fast rendering time. Hopefully, I'm wrong. :) Definitely something to check out.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to try xpdf, it's over at GP2X11

I've compiled it and changed the configuration so the essential functions fit on the screen.

It's a bit "proof of concept" at the moment (I'll start hacking the code soon) but functional and pretty fast.

It is essential to read the README file because some features are hidden e.g. the edge of the zoom button is only just visible at the bottom right of the screen.

Edit: This might help:

gp2xpdfvt1.png

You will need the X server installed to run it

The PDF reader in the GP2X Qtopia is a highly optimised XPDF port (I think) might be worth comparing the speed and seeing if that is indeed the case.

craigix posted on Feb 12 2007 at 11:13 PM said:
The PDF reader in the GP2X Qtopia is a highly optimised XPDF port (I think) might be worth comparing the speed and seeing if that is indeed the case.
You have tried qpdf2, so maybe you could do the comparison? ParkyDr's does feel very quick is about all I can say :D

Orkie posted on Feb 12 2007 at 11:21 PM said:
craigix posted on Feb 12 2007 at 11:13 PM said:
You have tried qpdf2, so maybe you could do the comparison? ParkyDr's does feel very quick is about all I can say :D

It's certainly quicker to start than Qtopia :)

I've just tried the PDF viewer in Qtopia, it seems a lot slower then GP2Xpdf, although I'm not sure how much is the viewer - all of Qtopia seems quite slow

Back