PDF viewer...

RTj

I think a PDF viewer would be excellent for the GP32.

It'd be cool to have it display the pages either horizontally (for a more 'A4' look) or vertically (like that Arkanoid clone, for less of the page on screen but a closer zoom).

It'd mean i could read my PDF books on the bus while going to work in the morning! :D

Pleeeeeeeeze? :)
Oh go on... someone make a PDF viewer hm??? :D

i also would like 2 see a pdf viewer. it would be very useful!!

:) :) :) :) :)

yes, it would be cool, indeed.
the problem could be easily resolved by having a working flash player for gp32 (there are pdf reader for flash out there...)...
is the same for java?
don't know.
up to now, i didn't renounce to reading pdfs on my gp32... i just converted them in jpg format... it requires a lot of space, still...
and... i never found a converter that supports korean pdfs :) so....
where is this pdf reader? :)

I was thinking, writing a PDF viewer would take a lot of time. If some one could port psion EPOC5 OS, you would have a wealth of viewers, and other stuff. And I guess it would run nearly native, as the processor wouldn't need emulating ( and the graphics chip is simple, and you wouldn't need sound). I know there is a an EPOC emulator for windows, but I guess you would need the source?. You can get OPERA web browser for it as well-that could be fun...

The best i've managed to get so far is a PDF to TXT converter.
It did convert a 7meg PDF file (with no images) down to a 1meg TXT file. :)

So i think i'll have to live with plain ol' text for now... :(

:D

There si an open-source PDF viewer, it would be interesting to port it on GP 32 :D

Back