Pdf Viewer

Steve-O

Is there a good PDF Viewer for teh GP32 so I can read the GP32 Magazine?? :D

Short answer: no.

Long-winded answer: !reader can view some very simple .PDFs from what I've read, but I could never get any to work.

I asked this question once, and was told that if you can manage to get GPlinux running then it is possible to run a pdf viewer.

Don't ask me how to do that though, I haven't bothered trying and so wouldn't know.

Try to open your PDF with the Adobe Reader and save it as a text file.
However, you'll have no images, but at least the text ( if the Reader can recognize ist correctly).

DRK posted on Mar 17 2005 at 09:02 AM said:
Try to open your PDF with the Adobe Reader and save it as a text file.
However, you'll have no images, but at least the text ( if the Reader can recognize ist correctly).

I seem to remember a freeware program that could convert .pdf files to .rtf files, which preserved most of the text layout and formatting. All the images were saved as seperate files in the same directory... You could view the text with !reader (or anything else that supports .rtf) and then view the images seperately with.. erm.. some program that views images (I know there are several good ones, but my brain has turned to cheese and I ca't think of them). Not an elegant way of doing it, but possible.

I think the program was called "pdf2xxx" or something similar. I'll hunt around and see if I can find out.

EDIT:
I can't find the info I used to have about it, but here's the thread where I first heard of it: http://www.gp32x.de/board/lofiversion/index.php/t11186.html

Hope this gives you a couple of leads.

Last edited by a moderator:
superlefax posted on Mar 17 2005 at 04:49 PM said:
there is one pdf reader:

!reader
A textreader that supports TXT/RTF/HTM/PDF/PDB.
It also supports text attributes (bold, italic, colors, etc.)

click

The official description in the picture doesn't mention PDF, sadly.

Mark posted on Mar 17 2005 at 02:57 PM said:
superlefax posted on Mar 17 2005 at 04:49 PM said:
there is one pdf reader:

!reader 
A textreader that supports TXT/RTF/HTM/PDF/PDB.
It also supports text attributes (bold, italic, colors, etc.)

click

The official description in the picture doesn't mention PDF, sadly.

Once again, I've been ignored. :lol:

YES, !reader will load SOME .pdf files, but only very simple ones, with no images.

* sighs *

Back