Penjin

Kordman916

Still Fresh
I've seen the Penjin signature banner so I clicked on it and the site it took me to didn't give me much information at all.

Is it a game engine?

Or a rendering engine?

You went to http://projectinfinity.org.uk/doku.php?id=homebrew:engines:penjin ?

It seems pretty clear, it's a 2D graphics library / rendering engine / whatever these are called.
It also handles sound mixing.

It doesn't have game logic, but it handles sprite animation and such, so you don't have to load graphics and draw them yourself.

Penjin is primarily a 2D game engine, which works well with the features of Code::Blocks.
It handles a lot of stuff for you, like rendering a tilesheet as an AnimatedSprite loading and playing Sound and Music and it is all in C++ classes.

It is also the core of games such as Panjoust, Wandor and PandoraPanic!

It has some preliminary support for 3D but much is being rewritten or fixed.
You can choose to render your games in SDL, GL or GLES without changing any of your code. (PENJIN_SDL, PENJIN_GL and PENJIN_ES compiler #defines)

That's basically it. It's fairly easy to use and a few members here now understand how make projects using it so you can usually get help if you get stuck. :)

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52538-official-penjin-development-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
So where would I go to download Penjin?

Is there a svn checkout address I can use?

Or is there a page I can download it from?

It's all good now I got Penjin completely setup in Code::Blocks with the Pandora compiler :)

Kordman916 said:
It's all good now I got Penjin completely setup in Code::Blocks with the Pandora compiler :)
Ah good :) Don't hesitate to ask on the board if you have questions or run into problems. You can also pm me, im no guru like poke, but i think i made just about each and every beginner mistake there is when i started out so maybe i can be of some help ;)

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back