Performance Difference Between A F100 And F200?

R

RedBaron

What is the performance difference between a F100 and F200?

Was there a better chance of getting a good overclocker F200 vs F100, later chip revision etc?

coldfis said:
Was there a better chance of getting a good overclocker F200 vs F100?

In my personal experience it is vice versa as you can see in my signature...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a touchscreen and d-pad upgrade is the real difference in my opinion.
cool.gif

coldfis said:
Was there a better chance of getting a good overclocker F200 vs F100, later chip revision etc?

I got my f100 just before they came out with the f200 and mine doesn't overclock 1 fucking mhz. 240 is my top speed (which is what I read they are rated at). I get pissed when I hear people running theirs at 280 but I make myself feel better by reminding myself that it's only a few % points and that it sucks the battery down.

christo930 said:
I got my f100 just before they came out with the f200 and mine doesn't overclock 1 fucking mhz. 240 is my top speed (which is what I read they are rated at). I get pissed when I hear people running theirs at 280 but I make myself feel better by reminding myself that it's only a few % points and that it sucks the battery down.

GP2X is rated at 200MHz. 240MHz is practically a lock, but it's still an overclock and you should be thankful you can get it.

My f200 fails at anything over 240mhz. I'm still more than happy with it.
I like the white style of the f200 aswell. I just don't like the screen invert. It goes funky/dark/inverted at a crap point. pretty much any point, unless you are looking directly at it flat in front of your eyes.

I got lucky, my f100 clocks up to 280Mhz stable on batteries, but with the AC adapter Ive had it running at 300Mhz.
I rarely use it above 240Mhz.

I thought the f200 might have a better chance, but it sounds like it was still lucky dip.

Peter R said:
GP2x seem to go to 240 guaranteed and the Wiz to 800.

I've heard stories about GP2X's that don't hit 240, but nonetheless, if the manufacturer isn't guaranteeing it then it's an overclock. And please no one mention PSP, Sony was officially specifying it as 333MHz since day one.

I've also heard of people not getting 800MHz on Wiz, I seem to recall DaveC not even getting 750.. I think you need to do way more empirical research before you call something like this a guarantee.

cowai said:
My gp2x F100 mk1 did 315mhz stable. My F100 mk2 does 255mhz :(

315 is pretty incredible, better than 50% above the 200. Now, I assume that you don't get anywhere near 50% faster emulation or performance, but what level of increase do you get?

Exophase said:
christo930 said:

GP2X is rated at 200MHz. 240MHz is practically a lock, but it's still an overclock and you should be thankful you can get it.

I thought the chips themselves were rated at 240 even though the machine is advertised and by default runs at 200. It's kind of odd that almost all of them can do 240 but after that is hit and miss.

How does multi-quote work? I don't want to clog up the threads with multiple replies. Is there a tutorial or a thread discussing it?

Chris

Nevermind, I figured it out. I was hitting the mulitquote button and then using the last one I wanted to quote's reply button rather than the master reply button.

Back