Perplexing Thing Re. Freelauncher ...

T

TelcoLou

A buddy of mine, who only had access to a real crappy baud modem, bought a gp32_console, non-FLU. I sent him the Freelauncher app that I got when I had my FLU, this way he wouldn't have to register at gameparks crappy English website (which has been down forever now).

After I did this, I read here that it wouldn't work for him, since the Frelauncher app was encrypted to one's own, unique GP32 (Thus, the registration process).

Well, I was just talking to him after his long hiatus, and lo and behold ... it works no problem!

What's the deal? I'm very glad it works for him, but I'm real confused now ... :blink:

Where did he buy his GP32 from and did you meet him in person? If you didn't, what were his exact words regarding free launcher working?

I sent it to him via E-mail. His exact words, as I recall were:

"I just installed it using the PC link software I got from that European GP32 site you sent me the link to, copied some emulators and roms to the appropriate directories, and next time I turned it on, it loaded freelauncher fine. All the emus load and work fine."

... prolly not exact, verbatim, but that's the jist ...

Edit: Oh, he bought it from Lik-Sang

:(

101 views, and no one knows the answer to this confusing conundrum??

Back