PGS Windows 10 gaming handheld - GPD WIN competitor

Wow, xpPhone guys got the project? I thought they were dead, their website was completely off the last time I looked at it.

Evolution is not really a theory.
Yes it is, in every sense of the word. Reproducible experiments have been done, scientists have witnessed forced evolution over the course of dozens of years in animals with very short gestation periods, like fruit flies. Dog breeds are evidence of evolution. 99% of our food is a product of some verifiable evolution. The fact that vaccines for "the same" virus eventually stop working because the virus has changed is further evidence of evolution. There are things called "ring species" where an animal has spread across an area with minor evolutionary steps along the way until it comes back around on itself, and the two animals at either end of this chain are not genetically compatible: not only is this evidence of evolution but also speciation.
As far as science is concerned evolution is a fact, a theory: it happened, it happens, it can be made to happen both in a lab and naturally in the wild. There isn't a single plant or animal on this planet that has been observed to not follow evolutionary theory.

This is really odd.

Someone asked them on twitter : Is there a forum for discussing PGS?

PGS Responded with the tweet below

Yes, they literally pointed the guy to this thread as the top forum for discussing the PGS. A thread which is not exactly kind to them, nor is the Neogaf thread. Why would they do that

Evolution happens yes.

But you also get genetic manipulation.

I personally would regard a species evolving to the point of interfering in the genetics / natural environment of other species to fall within 'Natural Evolution''... and even to say you can't isolate the evolution of a single species... that all species everywhere are evolving' together, interfering with each other, so to speak - as part of a greater collective multidimensional organism.

There are diseased parts of this body yes... those cells that are cut off from the whole and seek to further themselves regardless of the damage done to the systems off which they feed.
But the body as a whole develops ways in which to deal with these elements and eventually bring balance and health back, what once was volatile and toxic, finds a balance in which to exist as a part of and to serve the whole... to the perspective of us tiny cells - this is the rise and fall of civilizations amongst the stars, or species that wax and wane over millions of years... all a part of the whole. Whenever I come across a cell, or group of cells trying to aggressively assert themselves over other cells... I think 'Uhoh...This smells like cancer''...

So currently I find humans to be rather 'sick''... but taking a broader perspective... it's all just part of the process.

Creationists and Evolutionists shouldn't really be trying to disprove each other... but should hold onto the notion that their perspective and understanding is extremely limited...
I would say the only theory that is worth it's salt is one that is open to everything - especially that which is beyond our current capabilities.

The Unified Theorem of All .... or something like that. All other theories should be subsections like whorls on a fractal.

Edit:
This is really odd.

Someone asked them on twitter : Is there a forum for discussing PGS?

PGS Responded with the tweet below

Yes, they literally pointed the guy to this thread as the top forum for discussing the PGS. A thread which is not exactly kind to them, nor is the Neogaf thread. Why would they do that

They are not that bright?
But their target market are those even less bright... Perhaps the less bright ones wouldn't read these threads, or wouldn't understand them if they did.

Perhaps they don't even read these threads.

Last edited:

maybe they really appreciate the openness of our community and want to point people towards similar devices?

at any rate, any press (for the pyra) is good press?

Evolution is fake. No way a bunch of goo could all turn into about 300K different species of living things on earth. Plus no proof. Intelligent Design is the cause...

Evolution is fake. No way a bunch of goo could all turn into about 300K different species of living things on earth. Plus no proof. Intelligent Design is the cause...
You see all the morons out there, I wouldn't exactly call it an Intelligent Design... The goo seems more likely the source of all this mess.

Before:
1b131b158b6cb0ea79732cac5d17021d_original.png

After:
3QZHkzj.png

Well they've managed to throw in everything but a IR blaster while slightly shrinking it and keeping the same weight with additional CPU, ram and storage and a bigger battery.
Until I see an actual prototype you'll have to forgive me being ever so slighty skeptical here.

Am I reading this wrong or are they now claiming to have crammed a second separate Android device in the already too small handheld?

@elwing
It does look very muich like it has two SOCs, a Intel Z8750 and a Mediatek X2x (probably means they are deciding still which Mediatek X2 SOC to use)

Man, I wish I could use their timelord-technology to fit anything I want into such a small case. Would really be helpful for the Pyra.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C Clarke

Edit: forgot to add. "Emergence" could well be the magic ingredient for the Pyra, to make it more than the sum of its parts :)

Man, I wish I could use their timelord-technology to fit anything I want into such a small case. Would really be helpful for the Pyra.

Particularly with the dimensions typo.
PGS Hardcore 1.8mm 'thick'
PGS Lite 1.4mm 'thick'

Even assuming they meant 18 and 14 respectively, that is still 20KG of shtuff in a 5KG bag.

I can help you make a Pyra ~50% thinner using an automotive bushing press so long as you're not overly concerned about it still functioning after the slimming process.

Back