Release Picodrive Released

john4p said:
^ I've noticed something similar in UAE4All (which also utilizes Cyclone). At 550 MHz the game Mr Nutz runs fullspeed without frameskip. At 600 MHz it's not as smooth. And at 750 MHz the sound becomes terribly stuttery.

Could it be Cyclone runs better at certain specific clock-rates?
This can't be related to Cyclone, it's just like any other piece of code in regards of clock speed, something else is behind this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone get any jap mega cd roms working?

I tried about 5 different jap bios (v1) and even tried the v2, which loaded but still hangs on the sega loading screen....

jonlad1 said:
Did anyone get any jap mega cd roms working?

I tried about 5 different jap bios (v1) and even tried the v2, which loaded but still hangs on the sega loading screen....
Apparently it's broken, as already reported in this thread..

notaz said:
john4p said:
^ I've noticed something similar in UAE4All (which also utilizes Cyclone). At 550 MHz the game Mr Nutz runs fullspeed without frameskip. At 600 MHz it's not as smooth. And at 750 MHz the sound becomes terribly stuttery.

This can't be related to Cyclone, it's just like any other piece of code in regards of clock speed, something else is behind this.

That could be a problem with the frame/speed-limiting code of Uae4all. It's possible this would be happen in the m68 or FAME cores, if you could OC the pandora enough - we are just seeing it with Cyclone as it's faster.

Does seem like a weird fault though.

silver said:
notaz said:
john4p said:

That could be a problem with the frame/speed-limiting code of Uae4all. It's possible this would be happen in the m68 or FAME cores, if you could OC the pandora enough - we are just seeing it with Cyclone as it's faster.

Does seem like a weird fault though.
Thanks for the input.

But I've just tested Turrican II in UAE4All with UAE core (and FAME/C) and doubled pixels mode at 600 and at 880(!) MHz.
In both settings everything was perfectly in-synch. Sound and graphics at fullspeed (frameskip 0) and no audio hickups at all.
There was virtually no difference between 600 and 880 MHz. Seems like with UAE core the frame limiter works correctly without messing up the sound. The problem only occurs in the Cyclone-build. Fortunately there is almost never a reason to use the Cyclone version (in doubled pixels mode) at a speed above 500 MHz...

(slight offtopic post)

Think I found a bug - want verification I'm not just doing something wrong. I didn't want the right shoulder butter loading a save state. Consequently - I cleared the field, went to the 'keyboard' part of the mappings and set the 'L' key to load a save state. I then saved the 'global' config. At this point the right shoulder button isn't loading my save state. When I exit the emulator and come back in it looks like the L button is still mapped to load the save state - but so is the right shoulder button.

Am I missing something or is this just a bug?

I figured this was the best place to put a bug report. When playing as Knuckles on Sky Sanctuary Zone in Sonic&Knuckles, Sky Sanctuary Zone has some graphical glitches on the left side of the screen. It looks like tearing, but is vertical. This is present in Sonic3&Knuckles too.

-God Ginrai

Hey Notaz, any chance of releasing another update with 32X support soon? I know you've been busy with Ginge, wifi drivers etc etc But even the few that have played the beta version with 32X support said its still running great, i know you want it the best you can, but to me and others seeing the improvements as they are being made is part of the fun....anyway hope you consider, thanks :)

Back