Pidgin crashing/error msgs

teknotoast

Still Fresh
Hey all, finally run into a problem that I can't seem to fix myself...

Been running pidgin for a while with no problems, but lately it's been crashing for no discernible reason.  Opened the debug window and am frequently presented with:

util: Error setting permissions of file /mnt/utmp/pidgin/.purple/accounts.xml.save: Operation not permitted

and

util: Error setting permissions of file /mnt/utmp/pidgin/.purple/blist.xml.save: Operation not permitted

and

util: Error setting permissions of file /mnt/utmp/pidgin/.purple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/chat.facebook.com.save: Operation not permitted

I'm not entirely certain these errors are related to the crashes.

I'm using the latest version from the repo.  Wondering if anyone else is encountering the same issue and/or if anyone has any ideas as to how to fix it.

Did you move the PND from a ext-formated card to a FAT-formatted one? If not, then those errors would always have been happening, so you should be able to rule those out, at least.

Try to delete or rename its appdatafolder. Can you check if there is filecorruption on your sdcard in Windows/Desktop Linux?

Can you save stuff in other pnds?

Looks like your message log is not writable.

Try to delete or rename its appdatafolder. Can you check if there is filecorruption on your sdcard in Windows/Desktop Linux?

Can you save stuff in other pnds?

Looks like your message log is not writable.
Ok, I'll delete the appdata-folder again, I had this problem with different cards now including my new Samsung 64gb.

Saving stuff with other programs has never been a problem and even pnd-manager runs fine again after I deleted gravitiy_maze.

Wouldn't I have problems saving my profile when this would be the case?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back