Piggy (lgpt) 30 Day Composition Contest, Oct 13th Deadline!

Cool stuff! :) But how would you ensure participants only use littleGPtracker to create their songs? I'd imagine it would be extremely hard to tell whether or not someone used external programs to improve their work.

Just wondering, .. I'd definitely be interested if things are fair and square :)

"SunSpire"

SunSpire posted on Sep 13 2006 at 05:16 PM said:
Cool stuff! :) But how would you ensure participants only use littleGPtracker to create their songs? I'd imagine it would be extremely hard to tell whether or not someone used external programs to improve their work.

the rules are not to use LGPT exclusively--only that the final submited work is a lgptsav.dat and samples directory that can be played by piggy!

in fact i hope people use all sorts of interesting software and hardware to fill the pig up with samples! loops, vocals, anything is permitted as long as the final size of the samples directory is under 1.4meg (truely a lot of space for sample tracking) :ph34r:

so, go nuts! and hope to hear something from you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
starpause posted on Sep 13 2006 at 06:46 PM said:
SunSpire posted on Sep 13 2006 at 05:16 PM said:

in fact i hope people use all sorts of interesting software and hardware to fill the pig up with samples! loops, vocals, anything is permitted as long as the final size of the samples directory is under 1.4meg (truely a lot of space for sample tracking) :ph34r:

so, go nuts! and hope to hear something from you :)

shit.. my directory is currently at 15 megs... time to go 8-bit..

Peter Swimm posted on Sep 13 2006 at 07:15 PM said:
shit.. my directory is currently at 15 megs... time to go 8-bit..

hehe yup ... trim dat fatt pigg :)

typically i leave my samples 16bit since the engine will convert them to 16bit regardless ... and run through my samples throwing the sampling rate down (especially on bass samples ... since lowering the sampling rate you loose detail in the higher frequencies).

but having the ability to cut down the bit depth to fit all your shit in 1.4megs really helps :)

It's pretty easy to get down with number of samples. IDTP uses only 22 samples, 1.56 Mb ; 300k of them being a guitar loop I didn't trim coz I couldn't be bothered. All samples are 16bits but most are mono.

Like LSDj, it's just a matter of being clever with what u have and get different timbres out of them :)

217631167_76f0e828a5_m.jpg

8 days left, get hackkin!!!

got the 1st submit today :)

Back